Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Merchants aren't moving  (Read 557 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Merchants aren't moving
« on: April 02, 2011, 07:55:16 pm »

Okay, so there's a bunch of dwarven merchants. They're just kind of standing around outside. Yes, I do have an accessible depot.
Earlier, they were attacked by an ambush. Maybe that has something to do with it?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 08:04:42 pm by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Merchants aren't moving
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 08:07:06 pm »

Yep merchants just don't trade right when they're attacked, I had the same happen with humans - they came later that season and pulled in even more ambushed however they managed to get to the depot before the ambushes began so we managed to finish the transaction.

Merkuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 09:33:54 pm »

I had a group of merchants mauled by a goblin invasion.  I was surprised and pleased when I still got the message that the merchants were unloading in my depot, thinking maybe some had miraculously survived.  I zoomed to the depot to see... no merchants.

Yet I still got the "merchants are leaving soon" and "merchants have left" messages a bit later.  ???

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 09:38:29 pm »

I had a group of merchants mauled by a goblin invasion.  I was surprised and pleased when I still got the message that the merchants were unloading in my depot, thinking maybe some had miraculously survived.  I zoomed to the depot to see... no merchants.

Yet I still got the "merchants are leaving soon" and "merchants have left" messages a bit later.  ???
You might get my luck and see a new caravan from the same civ soon

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 10:38:37 pm »

They eventually got up and left with the normal message.
Related: the civ does send a new outpost liaison if the old one gets killed, right?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

AdeleneDawner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 11:14:55 pm »

Depends on the civ.

Humans tend to send a siege instead, last I heard.
Dying (ceasing to be alive) is also not a Moodable skill. Even totally unskilled Dwarves seem to do it correctly.

Merkuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 08:20:03 am »

You might get my luck and see a new caravan from the same civ soon

I believe I've had caravans from all three civs (humans, elves, dwarves) slaughtered by goblin raids.  It was so bad that at one point I cheered out loud when a caravan (I think it was the humans) made it inside of my walls without getting attacked.  Yet they still keep coming.

synkell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 11:09:23 am »

Well... Dont know about dorfs and elves , but I think that humans tend to siege after their diplomat gets killed . Been killing elves for a long time now , they still come to trade. Never tried killing dorf caravans though , need the metals .  ;D