Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No Important Leaders  (Read 393 times)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
No Important Leaders
« on: April 02, 2011, 03:19:18 pm »

Just noticed this ominous sign... duhn duhn duuuuhh!

So... is there any chance my civ will get a new leader? Or that... I dunno, another dwarven civ will take over? I just chose one at random. Seems I got one without a mountain home. ¬¬
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No Important Leaders
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 04:04:43 pm »

That means your civ died out at worldgen. How old is the world? The elves probably used their immortality to take over.
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 04:07:12 pm »

My civ has no leader but it appears to function normally in terms of trade and all that stuff.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 04:25:06 pm »

@Sarda There were a large number of dwarven civs, some with very large mountain home areas. I chose the one I did because I liked the name.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.