Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help!  (Read 1204 times)

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
Help!
« on: April 01, 2011, 09:57:40 pm »

I got a strange mood a little while ago. "Eh." you may say, but this was no ordinary strange mood. It affected every dwarf in my fortress. Every. Single. One. Oh, and half of them turned into legionaries before they started their artifact. I'm kind of freaking out right now!  :o
The problem is, I have no supplies. Not anywhere near enough, anyways. Maybe a couple of dwarfs will get lucky and only make a three-stone artifact or something, but I'm probably going to lose almost all of my fortress. And once those dwarfs go insane... well, the survivors won't be for long. Is there any way I can stop this?
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 10:05:01 pm »

...What. The. Fuck. All I can think of is that you're using an mod meant for earlier versions and it's causing weird shit to happen. What mods are you using?
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 10:06:18 pm »

A fortress-wide strange mood? Bug? Reported it yet?
Anyway, can't help you. You're in for quite a lot of !!FUN!!.
Have you been mucking about with Runesmith or anything of the sort?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 10:41:51 pm »

I got a strange mood a little while ago. "Eh." you may say, but this was no ordinary strange mood. It affected every dwarf in my fortress. Every. Single. One. Oh, and half of them turned into legionaries before they started their artifact. I'm kind of freaking out right now!  :o
The problem is, I have no supplies. Not anywhere near enough, anyways. Maybe a couple of dwarfs will get lucky and only make a three-stone artifact or something, but I'm probably going to lose almost all of my fortress. And once those dwarfs go insane... well, the survivors won't be for long. Is there any way I can stop this?
You really have to keep this save file for posterity. Preferable at a save point with as many having moods as possible.

Any dwarves not mooding ? Wall themselves into a safe area and start farming/brewing, secure  food stockpiles in there, have scouts out to try and wall up / isolate all the others who have not started their artifact, or to meet their needs.

Any caged invaders etc? build the cages in the main area and link to a lever in the safe room. If many dwarves go psycho, release some invaders to fight them.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 10:50:44 pm by Reelyanoob »

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 11:38:28 pm »

Okay, so about five dwarves "finished" their moods (way faster than they should have). I say "finished" because when they finished, it spawned a friendly unicorn at their tile and no artifact.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm now retreating to the emergency bunker I thankfully prepared.

Fake edit: Aaaaand insanity. Those friendly unicorns also became legendary (lolwut) and then started attacking the moody dwarfs while still being friendly (lolwut 2x combo). This continued until every dwarf was dead, and then the unicorns started killing each other.  :o

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 11:40:53 pm »

What mods do you have installed?

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 11:59:49 pm »

AHEM

...Pics or it didn't happen
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 12:04:06 am »

*checks the date*
Memento Mori

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 12:26:08 am »

Come on! Does this look like a face that would lie?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 12:57:59 am »

No, not really.
Spoiler: This one would, though (click to show/hide)
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 12:28:09 pm »

This was posted on April Fools. Just sayin'

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 01:02:26 pm »

Yeah, but I'm desperately hoping duplicating raws can cause this, this is awesome.
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.