Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sentients in Reactions?  (Read 3046 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: Sentients in Reactions?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 07:06:54 am »

Can we extract blood from dwarves, or does that count as sentient butchering?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 07:26:04 am »

Can we extract blood from dwarves, or does that count as sentient butchering?

You can make a custom reaction that takes nothing (but, of course, as always, requires one of your dwarves to perform the reaction) and produces dwarf blood.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 08:11:31 am »

Or...

[MILKABLE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:20000]

Seems to make more sense, and also makes it less mass producable.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 08:13:33 am »

Let's suppose you have little spoilermetal, but lots of dwarves. I would like to create a "Temple to Armok" workshop which uses a reaction that takes a dwarf and produces 2 bars of adamantine- destroying the dwarf in the process. Is this plausible?
You could make it so that it produces 2 bars of adamantine and a gas that makes dwarfs brains fail, so it kills the creator of it.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 12:33:33 pm »

We can use blood in reactions, and we can buy and sell blood as well.
How do you use blood in reactions? I've been trying to use any blood as a reagent, but I can't get it to recognise anything but 'liquid'.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2011, 02:22:27 pm »

just not that most worlds doesnt have  an "armok" some dwarven civs dont even have a god for war

Armok is a persistent entity that transcends worldgen.

The reaction should have a 50% chance not to let out the deadly gas, because it is judgment, and a dwarf may pass, or fail.

If you want the 50% chance, change...

[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:JUDGEMENT_STONE]

to...

[PRODUCT:50:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:JUDGEMENT_STONE]

Personally, I don't think a 50% chance of death is enough to prevent abuse - it is giving you adamantine in exchange for a renewable resource, after all.

Let's suppose you have little spoilermetal, but lots of dwarves. I would like to create a "Temple to Armok" workshop which uses a reaction that takes a dwarf and produces 2 bars of adamantine- destroying the dwarf in the process. Is this plausible?
You could make it so that it produces 2 bars of adamantine and a gas that makes dwarfs brains fail, so it kills the creator of it.

The RAWS I posted on the first page do this, but make the heart fail rather than the brain (result is the same).

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2011, 11:38:52 pm »

Why not have a reaction that kills the dorf(Using mercury?) and then have another dorf turn his corpse into cotton candy?
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

AdeleneDawner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2011, 11:40:20 pm »

Corpses can't be used in reactions, unfortunately.
Dying (ceasing to be alive) is also not a Moodable skill. Even totally unskilled Dwarves seem to do it correctly.
Pages: 1 [2]