Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military help.  (Read 808 times)

Sjotrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Military help.
« on: April 01, 2011, 01:40:23 pm »

So, i see my stupid soldiers remove their armor, and go back to the barracks. ( yes, they dump everything at the universal stockpile ) and organize some combat training. The weird is, that all the armor disappear! i can`t see it anymore, and now the soldiers are at the barracks with only helmets and gloves. :( Why?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 02:10:11 pm by Sjotrik »

Marsunpaistii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Military help.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 02:59:56 pm »

First check what armor you have assigned your military to use, if that doesn't work, check if you have forbid the items or if there are better quality items out there that they are about to pick up. Also: having your squad spar is slower training than them doing invidual combat drills, to make them do invidual drills remove all their jobs and set them to inactive and they will train invidually

Dwarfoloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 03:27:44 pm »

Also: having your squad spar is slower training than them doing invidual combat drills, to make them do invidual drills remove all their jobs and set them to inactive and they will train invidually

Depends on how often they spar really. I have had them spar so much that they started to grow attached to their weapons in very young forts (less than two ingame years old). The newbie soldiers and those headed by inexperienced leaders don't seem to spar much tho.

As to the OP, can you find the armours in your stocks screen? Make someone record keeper if you don't have one already. I don't think they should be doing something like that unless you have inactive - civilian clothes enabled, but since yours are training together they are clearly active. I'd ensure that you haven't allowed your soldiers to use more armour than you actually possess, since they might be doing musical chairs with them (haven't seen that behaviour recently though).

Sjotrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 10:23:44 am »

They often watch eachother. I don`t know how to make them sparr, but what they do, is that one soldier "organizes *drill* " and the others are waiting for it.

And they just discard their equipment, but not all. Some have their gauntlets and helmets, while others have all the equipment. i set them to use specific equipment, in this case it`s Iron armor and silver hammers.

EDIT: I just checked my squad-screen. It says that they are "inactive - uniformed" when they are set to training, and "civilian" while they have no scheduled order.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 10:27:07 am by Sjotrik »