Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Do Feather Trees still exist?  (Read 808 times)

timesavatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Do Feather Trees still exist?
« on: April 02, 2011, 04:19:44 am »

As the title implies. I only ask because after trying (fairly hard I might add) to get feather trees, I have failed repeatedly. I have tried mostly in joyous wilds, but have tried once or twice in mirthful and serene, I have also tried wet, dry, freezing, and combinations of all, nothing. Any ideas?
Sin is a joke compared to Lavos. Sin just flopped around and blew a couple of towns. Lavos exterminated the entire face of the earth and tore apart the fabric of space and time by simply existing.
DvDangerous@youtube

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
Re: Do Feather Trees still exist?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 04:21:57 am »

The required environment for feather trees is dry, non-freezing good areas. They can be a little rare, but keep trying; you'll find them.

And now there's feather grass to go with them!
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

timesavatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 04:24:12 am »

If they don't show up on embark, can they still grow there later?
Sin is a joke compared to Lavos. Sin just flopped around and blew a couple of towns. Lavos exterminated the entire face of the earth and tore apart the fabric of space and time by simply existing.
DvDangerous@youtube

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 04:27:14 am »

The easiest way to find feather trees would to go into the feather tree raws, change TREE_TILE to 1, then embark where you see forests of dwarves on the world map.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

timesavatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 04:28:45 am »

The easiest way to find feather trees would to go into the feather tree raws, change TREE_TILE to 1, then embark where you see forests of dwarves on the world map.

^huh... nice thanks

EDIT - I may have answered a bit prematurely on that, I assumed it would work, however after trying it on original DF and Phoebus graphics pack, I still can't get anything but normal tiles to show up. Are there any other ways to guarantee I can embark where some are?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 10:24:13 am by timesavatar »
DvDangerous@youtube