Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hurt military commander.  (Read 845 times)

Sjotrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hurt military commander.
« on: April 03, 2011, 02:34:57 pm »

Just noticed that my military commander got hurt after a little fight against a snatcher. :( but, he doesen`t get fixed! my diagnostician have checked him, but he doesen`t do more to fix him. what to do? 

I have marked a hospital, i have beds and traction benches, and i have coffers to store stuff. whats needed? oh, by the way. it doesent say much about how he`s hurt, but his left foot is yellow in the health screen.

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hurt military commander.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 02:36:12 pm »

Put him on a wood spike trap. Crappy spikes, good mechanism. Get him hurt slightly again until the diagnostician does something. Bathe him in soap. That's the only way I know.
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

BurnCruise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 02:40:15 pm »

They do that. I had a soldier with a broken arm that was cut open go untreated for the entire length of my fortress life. Theres a few problems with what dwarves consider hospital worthy.

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 02:43:35 pm »

Are you using the latest release? Many hospital(-related) bugs were fixed in the recent release binge.

Sjotrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 03:04:45 pm »

Are you using the latest release? Many hospital(-related) bugs were fixed in the recent release binge.

Hmm. i think that might be the problem. im still at .21, i think. but I don`t want to ruin my save. :P i`ve gotten so far! xD

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 03:07:18 pm »

It won't ruin the save. New features will be missing, most bugfixes which aren't raw file changes will be active.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Sjotrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 03:14:50 pm »

It won't ruin the save. New features will be missing, most bugfixes which aren't raw file changes will be active.

oh, okay. :) Then i have just one more thing. And please don`t give me some dwarven slap for this, but how do i update? xD played for a week, roughly.

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 03:16:50 pm »

You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.