Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reducing aquifer without modding?  (Read 770 times)

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
Reducing aquifer without modding?
« on: April 01, 2011, 01:56:47 pm »

I was wondering if this were possible.
When I select "design new world with advanced parameters" I've been trying to find the variable that controls the amount of aquifer in the world. I tried adjusting drainage, but according to the wiki, it only controls the prevalence of glaciers and deserts. Anyone else have luck?

Alluvian_Est-Endrati

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENGRAVERY:MISGUIDED]
    • View Profile
Re: Reducing aquifer without modding?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 02:34:02 pm »

Without editing the RAWs there is not much you can do about the placement of Aquifers I think. I have played around with generating very hot, dry desert-like worlds and still come across a fair number of aquifers. Personally I am fond of modding them out unless I want to play around with them for some reason.

I am not certain if any !!!SCIENCE!!! has been done to see if the total number of Aquifers placed varies by any particular settings.
"I’m going to keep bloody gambling! Bloody, bloody gambling and drinking! Where’s my bloody drink? Anyone want to gamble for it?”

Send in the Clowns: &.&

Khift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 02:56:31 pm »

Low drainage is supposed to lower the occurrence of aquifers and raise the occurrence of rivers and lakes, although this could affect forests.

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 01:52:23 pm »

Well, how about that. I gave preference to high drainage and I definitely had an easier time finding sites.