Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military kill command not working. Berserk dwarf running thru fort!  (Read 2966 times)

TheLoneTerran

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hello, Im at the farthest I've ever been in a game and recently my Mason dropped mood from estatic to miserable, brooded for a while, then went insane. I formed up a military squad to go wrestle the crazed man down but when I highlight him with the cursor and hit k, my squad does nothing. I can get them to move near him using m but I cant get them to shut him up and stop breaking things. I tried dragging the box around him for them to kill hostiles in that area but that doesn't work either. Is it because I cannot kill a crazy dwarf because he hasn't hurt someone yet or is it military bug or bug in my save file?

Thanks in advance.

obeliab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Military kill command not working. Berserk dwarf running thru fort!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 02:42:43 pm »

Are you sure that the dwarf is berserk, or has he gone insane in another way?  Stark raving mad and melancholic dwarves won't hurt anyone but themselves (and possibly their babies)... they just act strange and refuse to do anything productive, usually leading to suicide by starvation or dehydration.  I realize that you have given indications that the dwarf is actually berserk, just making sure.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 02:47:10 pm by obeliab »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 02:54:06 pm »

If you can target him (do you see his name and does the squad blink with the order) he should be berserk and killable. Otherwise it probably what the above poster says/

TheLoneTerran

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 02:59:45 pm »

He had a grey or white ! flashing on him...so he wasn't a danger? I tried to kill an innocent dwarf? Doh. Thanks for the heads up. What color will flash when he's truly dangerous?

EDIT: Ahh crap. I mixed up word terms. Generally stark raving mad is similar to berserk. My guy was just mad and wandering around. He did break a door open and did lots of carvings so I thought I would get him out of the way quickly. Thanks guys. Just dl'ed the game 3 days ago. So much to learn my head is going to explode lol.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 03:04:10 pm by TheLoneTerran »

obeliab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 03:05:27 pm »

I think you were experiencing a tantrum.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 06:47:23 pm »

Sounds like a tantrum like the above said.

I think the justice system deals with vandalism? I never bother with it. You need a captain of the guard assigned, a jail area, and probably some other stuff I don't know about. The Captain will sort out troublesome dwarves, but also punish hard-working dwarves if you fail a mandate from a noble.

Qc Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 07:45:05 pm »

Just remember to assign chains or cages to Justice. Or else the Captain of the Guard will skip straight to the beating part. And if he has a sword well...

I'm willing to bet my artifact crossbow he won't be alive after the 5th hit.