Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Look at those Jugs!  (Read 674 times)

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Look at those Jugs!
« on: March 31, 2011, 11:48:10 am »

Anyways.

I decided to set up a small beekeeping side bproject with this fort I have, because why not, I'm just going to do whatever since I'll be using this for adventure mode anyways. I was going to build the artificial hives underground, so I wouldn't have to come to the surface [my fortress is 50 levels down.] but apparently that won't work. So my hives are on the surface, and my screw press for wax and honeycombs is 50 levels down. I figure, whatever, I won't have to worry about it too much. I made some jugs to collect the jelly and honey, and was going to set up a small stockpile for them... but my dwarves carried them to my finished goods stockpile. I opened it up and turned off options of tuff I didn't want there [armour, chains, flasks, etc] then went into item types and turned off stoneware and earthenware.  However, the jugs are -still- being stored there... do they count as goblets somehow? What do I need to turn off?
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

Mushroo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Look at those Jugs!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 11:54:26 am »

I think they count as "tools."

JmzLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 02:47:28 pm »

Yes, jugs, hives, nest boxes, and pots all count as tools, as well as some things you can import (cauldrons and cleavers from the humans, at least).

JMZ
Also, obviously, magma avalanches and tsunamis weren't exactly a contingency covered in the mission briefing.
I can assure you that Ardentdikes is not the first fortress to be flooded with magma. What's unusual is that we actually meant to flood it with magma.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 03:06:20 pm »

I clicked on this expecting to see jugs, and was sorely disappointed.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Silophant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 03:15:50 pm »

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 05:01:14 pm »

SpiralDimentia, just make an open air shaft that goes down to your fortress and put your hives adjacent to it.
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!