Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fireproof leather = Fireproof dwarves?  (Read 1642 times)

Cotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fireproof leather = Fireproof dwarves?
« on: March 31, 2011, 07:22:47 am »

So yeah, a couple soldiers wearing fire imp leather cloaks just shrugged off being caught in an FB's fire some six times. Was it because of the cloaks? If so, I really need to start breeding some fire imps...

Also, will the FB's leather also be fireproof if it breathed fire?
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.
Ashes are technically fire-safe.

TigerPlushie

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_DRAMA]
    • View Profile
Re: Fireproof leather = Fireproof dwarves?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 07:39:09 am »

I can hardly think of it as being true... but if so, it might bring along other problems.

Butchering fire imps should also bring forth a glob of fire imp fat... which is... hot. So effectively getting fire imp leather would already cause casualties.
Dwarf cancelled making adamantium short sword: Strange mood.
Dwarf has entered a marital trance!
Dwarf has claimed a bedroom.

Cotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 08:04:59 am »

Well, the only other thing they were wearing was civilian clothes and generic leather hoods. Also, another soldier definitely died to fire when killing those imps before, so unless it's a bug with FBs...
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 08:55:56 am »

Shields block fire.
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk

Cotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 09:00:04 am »

Shields block fire.
Like I said, they were equipped only with the cloaks, hoods and weapons.

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 10:01:41 am »

What did the report read, specifically?
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk

Cotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 10:11:30 am »

Combat log only told when the FB breathed fire, not the results, and I'm not sure if it's supposed to tell you more than that. Announcements however pretty clearly stated that the dwarves were caught in the FB's fire, multiple times.

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 10:17:33 am »

Wait, we can breed fire imps?
Memento Mori

Cotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 10:31:47 am »

Seems to be bug with the fire itself after all - I dug up a seasonal save that and experimented a little, and it seems fire breath/ball attacks do pretty much nothing. I wonder how one of the soldiers managed to set himself on fire before though. Do fire imps burn things in some other way?

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 11:33:53 am »

Fire Imp leather is magma proof. Due to a bug it doesn't cover the extremities so dwarves will still melt to death because of fingers and toes.

And no it is not a bug, if fire imps didn't have magma proof skin they would melt in the magma.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!