Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dyansauri Fortress in need of help  (Read 671 times)

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
Dyansauri Fortress in need of help
« on: March 27, 2011, 11:55:15 am »

For some reason, my Dyansauri fortress is in trouble... by it's own inhabitants.

They look like they are running back, and then run into a wall, and then they run back, and then run back into the same wall, as if they are trying to hurt themselves. something like this comes up: X, Miner, cancels drink: interrupted by woodcutter. is there anything i can do to stop this?  :'(
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Dyansauri Fortress in need of help
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 11:58:28 am »

Kill the woodcutter.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 12:03:25 pm »

More specifically, the woodcutter has gone berserk and is now an enemy of the fortress. Get your military in there. If you don't have one and the woodcutter is unarmed, draft some civilians and pile them on. Try and get them stationed somewhere first, otherwise they won't wait for the rest of their squad before engaging the woodcutter.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 10:50:46 pm »

What do you do if he is the Warlord of the Fortress?
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 11:07:55 pm »

Depends what a Warlord is.

Got any spare dogs? Train up a bunch using the same person. Trained animals tend to hang around their trainer unless assigned, and if they die unassigned then there's no bad thought.
Or, if your Warlord is content to lurk and requires food or drink, adopt the wall-in-and-wait approach. I once read about this failed mood berserker. The player forgot about them and allowed the workshop to be used, and then wondered where the strange deaths were coming from. There was nothing by the corpse, and no other signs of foul play. Turns out the berserker was running downstairs from the storeroom above, swiftly murdering the unfortunate worker, and then running back upstairs to await the next victim.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 01:50:53 am »

Berserkery is the most likely cuase, but... You wouldn't have happened to have used your warlord, assuming he's in the military, to attack and kill your own civ's merchants, did you? If so, then you've made every soldier that swung at the merchants an ENEMY OF THEIR OWN CIV, and they will now commence to flee in terror from one another and the civilian populace. If you reactivate said military, they will proceed to slaughter everything in sight. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.