Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What is this... I don't even...  (Read 850 times)

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What is this... I don't even...
« on: March 27, 2011, 07:24:07 pm »

I care about soap makers now. Soap appears to get used sensibly. And getting it made with tallow requires timing, getting the fat rendered and made into soap before it rots. So my soapmakers get exempt from stone, wood and item hauling now. They were primarily haulers before, back when using soap meant making one batch and forbidding it until an emergency.

Cleaning efficiency is way up, and my soap is getting used up fast with no spam about 'cancels clean self, is an idiot.' Anyone know if soap is used in fort cleaning as well? It seems like things get cleaned faster now.

I just had a blood fest indoors at the bottom of a large pit, stupid militia charged the trap hall because I hadn't closed the inner bridge in time. A few of them survived the ten z-level plunge, thankfully the spikes hadn't been installed at the bottom yet. But that meant a few trolls and goblins survived the fall as well. Anyway, lots of blood indoors a month ago. Not so much now. Plus, the blood gets cleaned out of my bath quicker too. Nice!

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: What is this... I don't even...
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 07:39:54 pm »

Soap makers are useful.

Is no make sense.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Qc Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 07:42:15 pm »

I care about soap makers now. Soap appears to get used sensibly. And getting it made with tallow requires timing, getting the fat rendered and made into soap before it rots. So my soapmakers get exempt from stone, wood and item hauling now. They were primarily haulers before, back when using soap meant making one batch and forbidding it until an emergency.

Cleaning efficiency is way up, and my soap is getting used up fast with no spam about 'cancels clean self, is an idiot.' Anyone know if soap is used in fort cleaning as well? It seems like things get cleaned faster now.

I just had a blood fest indoors at the bottom of a large pit, stupid militia charged the trap hall because I hadn't closed the inner bridge in time. A few of them survived the ten z-level plunge, thankfully the spikes hadn't been installed at the bottom yet. But that meant a few trolls and goblins survived the fall as well. Anyway, lots of blood indoors a month ago. Not so much now. Plus, the blood gets cleaned out of my bath quicker too. Nice!

Do people get impaled on spikes after a fall?

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 07:46:44 pm »

Oh, yeah. People get impaled on spikes after a fall. Hehe, the goblins came on giant toads. Now I'm cleaning up gobbo blood with giant toad soap.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 08:38:49 pm »

getting the fat rendered and made into soap before it rots
Fat will keep forever if it's on a stockpile. I had a chunk of FB fat sitting in the middle of the kitchen area for a year or five.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 08:49:10 pm »

I had chunks of fat dumped into the ocean lasting for many years without rotting.  Which is strange, since fat has the [ROTS] tag, but doesn't seem to rot.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.