Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: shield and multigrasp?  (Read 686 times)

Rover963

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
shield and multigrasp?
« on: April 03, 2011, 05:23:01 pm »

Can your dwarves wield shields and battleaxes now? My dwarves won't train with one or the other

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: shield and multigrasp?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 05:26:57 pm »

I'm not having any trouble. They won't wield great axes, which are two handed weapons, plus a shield unless they have at least superior strength, though I don't think you can make great axes in fortress mode. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

It might be your uniform settings, since if matching uniforms is on, I think they'll try to put together an outfit of the same material. Not sure though, since I usually make all my equipment of the same metal if I can.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 05:30:02 pm »

"now"? what was supposedly changed when?

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 05:34:13 pm »

Wielding the larger weapons is strength based? I thought it was based on size. Also, will they drop the weapon they are using if they lose some of their strength after they equip it (like if they have been off-duty for a while)?

Rover963

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 05:38:56 pm »

Well I figured out why, it was cause the foresters had all the axes in use.

Another question, how do I get my military to stay in damned uniform when they are inactive? The option in the schedule isn't doing squat.

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 06:03:28 pm »

Wielding the larger weapons is strength based? I thought it was based on size. Also, will they drop the weapon they are using if they lose some of their strength after they equip it (like if they have been off-duty for a while)?
Personally I've never seen it happen except in Adventure mode. With at least superior strength, an adventurer can use a two-handed weapon in one hand. Nice advantage of having some extra weight behind your swings, making it harder to block/parry. But battle axes are one-handed weapons, so there's no reason a dwarf shouldn't be able to use it and a shield.