Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: If an infection disappears from the z-screen is it gone?  (Read 987 times)

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
If an infection disappears from the z-screen is it gone?
« on: March 27, 2011, 04:49:25 pm »

I had a dwarf get an infected hand after a scuffle with some goblins even though I kept the wound clean with soap until the suturer and dresser did their job. Since then it seems the wound is gone from the health screen however the dwarf wiki says that dwarves can die of infections months later.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: If an infection disappears from the z-screen is it gone?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 04:52:53 pm »

If nothing shows on the status screen, the infection healed and he won't die.

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 04:55:55 pm »

Good, I saw a lot of pretty nasty wounds that in previous versions would have put a dwarf in bed for a looong time, yet in this version it seems all of them were back on their feet within a month. Then again I do have some pretty good doctors.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 05:08:08 pm »

heh my 2 best soldiers got a nasty combinaton of all over burns and a rotting syndrome. They had to have rot/infected tissue surgically removed from all body parts and lost thier sight. both survive and continue to rack up the kills despite being mainly made up of scar tissue - wounds screen lists them as totally yellow.

medical screen states that a surgeon removed infected tissue from thier upper lip - nowhere else. i imagine the rest came away in one big peel.
This is a blank sig.

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 05:15:55 pm »

heh my 2 best soldiers got a nasty combinaton of all over burns and a rotting syndrome. They had to have rot/infected tissue surgically removed from all body parts and lost thier sight. both survive and continue to rack up the kills despite being mainly made up of scar tissue - wounds screen lists them as totally yellow.

medical screen states that a surgeon removed infected tissue from thier upper lip - nowhere else. i imagine the rest came away in one big peel.
HAHA, your surgeon probably just cut at the upper lip and peeled from there.