Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Siege suggestion.  (Read 912 times)

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Siege suggestion.
« on: March 20, 2011, 01:51:34 pm »

How about, if you have some conservative hostages, you can actually HOLD THEM HOSTAGE?

:)

One way to "force" a police siege is to threaten to kill one hostage every hour, this should draw a SWAT raid immediately instead of having execution after execution. Right?

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
Re: Siege suggestion.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 02:25:07 pm »

Not like holding hostages ever stops SWAT from coming in to fill you with lead.
Hello Hunam

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 12:28:41 pm »

You're missing my point. My point is that threatening to kill the hostages will force the SWAT into action, instead of them "passive"ly sieging your base, they will be forced to storm your base in order to save the hostages.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 08:57:44 pm »

But why would you WANT to?
Hello Hunam

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 09:32:09 pm »

But why would you WANT to?
So that when you fight the hordes of heavily armed and armoured elite SWAT members you also have to worry about numerous people you threatened to kill telling the SWAT where you are and then kicking the shit out of you with their golf shoes?

In LCS I don't think there's any down-side to taking hostages though. I haven't actually tried to be honest.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 08:17:02 am »

Edit:
Umm, because in the current version, LCS trying to assault the police results in them mobbing you, in order to get them to wander into your boobytrapped compound you're supposed to let them siege you for a few days until they force an assault? That sort of thing.

Anyhow, I was thinking that instead of waiting out a siege, you could "force" their hand by threatening the hostages, that's all...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 05:42:10 pm by jasonred79 »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 08:48:21 am »

Speaking of which, it would be cool to be able to negotiate an escape if you have many/important hostages. Like, they would give you a car and money and let you escape if you free hostages, something like that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 01:36:59 pm »

I'd appreciate the ability to force a siege in this way, at least if you've already got hostages at base.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 03:22:01 pm »

Of course, how else... "Hold on a second, let me grab a few pedestrians while you wait?" ;D
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 03:24:14 pm »

Sometihing I find irritating:  since your base being under attack is now more dangerous and irritating, I just get a sleeper in the police dept early on to warn me of raids. So I just run everyone to a different safe house when I get warning.
The irritating thing is, you can't bring your hostages with you when you do this. WHY NOT? I mean, I got a van and everything, can't I just toss him in the boot?

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 09:24:35 pm »

For the last year of my last game I just shut down the police station every time it re-opened. It seems like only one group can plan a siege at a time, so I never got a siege except when I forgot to shut it down (which I then totally destroyed, thanks to the traps and 6 people with M16s and more than 14 skill each).