Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seppuku  (Read 840 times)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Seppuku
« on: March 20, 2011, 03:07:23 pm »

Bored with a 30-year old 31.18 fortress called Cultpick and its people; the Construct of Skin, I consulted the forum and attempted to perform honorable suicide via loyalty cascade.

The results were immensely surprising--my fortress had, at least in my eyes, a kind of original conflict between a powerful loner and an influential clan.  And the cascade played them out perfectly

Specifically, early on a dwarf distinguished herself in my eyes my murdering two other founders in a fit of rage (a pet died or something), and then immediately becoming mayor.  I nicknamed her Kurtz, from Heart of Darkness, since we were in a very savage jungle, and settled all of the caverns. So Kurtz proceeded to make a justice system impossible by mandating things like "Bonobo bone Armor Stands" (?!) which I could not make, but appreciated for their dwarfishness, while Kurtz racked up kills with her squad (charges with underground management).  She personally killed a forgotten beast made out of  salt with a single solid kick, on the very first strike, before it even had a chance to introduce itself. 

An opponent took a while to arise--but she emerged very appropriately--in the figure of the Chief Medical Dwarf, who quickly became the fortress' most popular dwarf, and with 12 children over 30 years--a powerful matriarch--many of her children were legendary from an early age and her husband was a skilled miner.

As such, to initiate the cascade it was natural that the militia commander in charge of surface defense, should join with the Medical Dwarf against Kurtz and his underground squad.

The loyalty cascade took three tries, the first two ended un eventfully and fast--the cascade was arrested, the murderers killed, the fighting stopped.  The last now has 11 survivors.

Surprisingly the both Kurtz and the Chief medical Dwarf survive.  The Medical Dwarf is still the mayor, and has two children with her although the frenzied marksdwarves might have something to say about that.

Kurtz has killed 14 and is standing, blood-covered, in the cavern where her troops used to train, alone. 

Is there any way to re-enact Apocalypse now in adventure mode?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 03:12:31 pm by thegoatgod_pan »
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Seppuku
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 03:23:56 pm »

Well, you could try to find a civ with a demon for a law-giver or better, a general. Track them down and try to kill them. Bonus points if you can find a way to mod giant eagles to drop magma. "You smell that? Do you smell that? Magma, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of magma in the morning! You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' gobbo body. The smell, you know that sulfur smell, the whole hill. Smelled like … victory. "

CinnibarMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 03:25:06 pm »

*slow clap*
Burning and raping the land is recreational. Where business is concerned, though, sustainability is the name of the game.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 04:56:03 pm »

Two survivors, both in good spirits, when not bothered by ghosts--Kurtz and captain of the marksdwarf squad. Both murderers and enemies of the civilization. Many many jabberer pets. Cultpick still not dead
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 05:56:51 pm »

And as much as I like GhostDwemer's suggestion for an 'Apocalypse Now' reenactment, I had Kurtz in mind for the part of the general, but I am not sure any adventurer I have ever had could beat one my legendary dwarves who trained for 30+ years with steel and bluestuff equipment. I'll try though

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 06:05:24 pm »

ARMOK DEMANDS MORE BLOOD