Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stones  (Read 667 times)

rawrjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stones
« on: March 18, 2011, 06:08:42 pm »

Is there any possible way to store stones. I don`t really want to hide them because then I never know if I am low or whatever.

I know of creating a dump, marking them as a dump item, then you can reclaim them, but is there a set amount that is allowed in each pile?

So like a 1x1 dump zone, how long would it be before you have to expand?

I also know about being able to reclaim them so you can still use them. I just don`t want stones, and stone stockpiles laying all over the place.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stones
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 06:15:16 pm »

If you make a 1X1 dump zone, you can keep adding stones to it indefinitely.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 07:24:53 pm »

Disable forbidding of used ammo. Build many catapults vertically stacked. Have them face a wall but put a channel in front of that wall, so all of the stones fall down into a stone stockpile.

Your siege operators will then automatically quantum stockpile stone while also training up their siege operator skill.

rawrjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 08:57:58 pm »

One more thing, can you delete downward staircases? I haven`t been able to find out how, if it is possible.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 09:24:05 pm »

You designate upward stairs for removal, or pave over downward stairs with floors.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 10:21:50 pm »

You can channel them.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 09:00:47 pm »

I'd go with only making short-term 1x1 dumps (quantum stockpiles). Set the dumps up right outside a freshly dug-out room / series of rooms. If you leave the dump active, then any rodent corpses or rotted bits of things that are found nearby will be put in there instead of the outside refuse stockpile.
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.