Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weird embark...  (Read 785 times)

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
Weird embark...
« on: March 19, 2011, 07:19:33 pm »

I didn't even get a wagon. It's just a one-tile space with all of my stuff on it...
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: Weird embark...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 07:21:09 pm »

Yeah, it happens sometimes.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 07:21:46 pm »

That happens if there's no room to place the wagon.  It seems that the wagon is restricted to a certain Z level, and on this embark, that Z was a single ramp tile, so instead of trying to fit an entire wagon, it just dumped the stuff.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 07:22:27 pm »

But, I checked my units screen, and apparently I've got a bunch of panda women on my embark area. Can I train these *fine* ladies like tigerfolk or are they just useless?
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 07:26:02 pm »

According to the raws, no.  You can [PET] them easily though.  They can speak and learn, so unless you [NO_EAT][NO_DRINK] them, they will starve, because they're made to only eat bamboo.  You can have a panda woman mayor though!

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 07:27:28 pm »

Hrm...I'll wait till I get my fort up and running either way, I guess.

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 12:27:21 am »

If you want to see this happen a lot, create a world with massive elevation variation and embark on tiles with max height cliffs. Seems to happen to me constantly when I go for such areas.