Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Top 5 Things We'd Like To/Expect To See In Future Versions  (Read 3757 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Top 5 Things We'd Like To/Expect To See In Future Versions
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2011, 02:49:03 pm »

Quick travel is practically vital, I'd say.  My few forays into adventure mode, I've seen that even traveling in quick travel in a pocket world can take days to reach somewhere, and that means finding shelter, or dealing with boogymen.  I'd vote to allow quick travel, but have more bandit type events and random trader interactions.  Sometimes you come across a traveler who wants to buy from you, or another caravan who can offer trade or information, both at a price.

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2011, 03:28:42 pm »

Quick travel is practically vital, I'd say.  My few forays into adventure mode, I've seen that even traveling in quick travel in a pocket world can take days to reach somewhere, and that means finding shelter, or dealing with boogymen.  I'd vote to allow quick travel, but have more bandit type events and random trader interactions.  Sometimes you come across a traveler who wants to buy from you, or another caravan who can offer trade or information, both at a price.
Would their lives be an acceptable offer?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2011, 03:39:17 pm »

It depends.  Is [TORTURE_FOR_INFORMATION:ACCEPTABLE] part of the ethics of your civ?  If you've got mixed species that allow and don't allow this, then perhaps it should average out.  One prude in a group of a dozen sadists shouldn't sway their desire to put the trader on a noose, standing on a short stool and threaten to air-dance him.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]