Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Certain creatures should not be exotic for certain races  (Read 1091 times)

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Certain creatures should not be exotic for certain races
« on: March 20, 2011, 02:18:37 pm »

I think that certain creatures might not be exotic for certain races. For instance, the dwarves should be able to tame certain cavern animals without a dungeon master (I think giant versions of certain mundane animals like giant bats and giant toads might be examples, and I think that dwarves should have unique subterranean domestic animals). Tamed versions could be purchased through caravans, but if they're exotic for you're civ then you can't train you're own until you get the dungeon master or the like.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Certain creatures should not be exotic for certain races
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 05:48:37 pm »

This makes sense to me.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 06:38:35 pm »

Dungeon master as it stands is broken anyway. Also, you can only really play as dwarves, so the idea really doesn't have much merit.

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 07:03:11 pm »

It would still matter in terms of what animals would be brought by different races, plus you will eventually be able to play as different races (and can already through modding).