Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cool things you find examining goblonite  (Read 2541 times)

KCFOS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cool things you find examining goblonite
« on: March 15, 2011, 09:00:58 pm »

So I was just done defending my pitiful fortress from a goblin siege, and I was looking at the armor their leader was carrying, and I found this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

When examining it however I noticed it had a odd decoration on it...

Wadveil? that sounds familiar...

I couldn't believe a goblin would wear armor with a picture of something my own dwarves made. It's not even that great either, just a wooden weapon rack with a cross on it.So I wanted to know some of the crazy/unusual stuff you find investigating the loot on dead goblins!

(BTW I'm new to the fourms, tell me if there is anything wrong with the images.)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Cool things you find examining goblonite
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 09:55:02 pm »

One time I got a goblin wearing a hat that showed another goblin getting brutally decapitated... IN THE SAME PLACE THAT THE FIRST GOBLIN WAS TRYING TO ATTACK
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 09:59:39 pm »

One time I got a goblin wearing a hat that showed another goblin getting brutally decapitated... IN THE SAME PLACE THAT THE FIRST GOBLIN WAS TRYING TO ATTACK
Two options for that ... !!REVENGE!! ... or suicide.  :D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 10:40:26 pm »

maybe that was the goal of their siege, they wanted wadveil. when they were gathered at the edge of your map i bet that was was like "find this thing, and steal it!"

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 11:13:26 pm »

I always thought the notion of !!REVENGE!! was a uniquely dwarven thing.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 01:49:15 am »

My goblonite usually has absurdly large amounts of blood in it.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

Urist McGyver

• Bay Watcher
  • I love Roc Birds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 06:38:05 am »

Why is the !!REVENGE!! on fire?
It's treated as completely normal because this is Dwarf Fortress.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with surrounding yourself with a wall of flames, only to later realize that you're surrounded by a wall of flames.
There's nothing that can't be solved by hurling fifteen roc birds at it.

Seanp888

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy *shrug*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 08:03:10 am »

Why is the !!REVENGE!!on fire?
Because Magma Creates fire, and all good !!REVENGE!! includes Magma
\  I don't imagine them marching out there in a column and facing the enemy in a phalanx and using traditional footwork and precise blows to disable their target.  I figure they chug six beers, strap up and roll out with the intention of making something vomit.\

PainRack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 11:41:31 am »

Not goblinite per se, but a "human" diplomat swimming beneath my brook, a skinless gila monster had an image of my artifact large gem on his cap.

That's nothing you say? Wait. Said Skinless gila monster fooled the humans into thinking he was their god. Specifically, their god of creation, pregnancy, youth, children, family. A whole list of things to do with procreation.

And his masterwork loincloth menaces with spikes of opal.

This mutherfucka player is literally blinged out dude! That's HOW its pulling the chicks.

Brent Not Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 03:43:38 pm »

Many versions ago, I once had an armorsmith (one of my starting seven, brought along mainly with the hope that he'd get a lucky strange mood and I'd have a Legendary Armorsmith with no work involved getting there) get caught in a goblin ambush. He survived, but his right arm was broken. He languished in the barracks, and I figured: too bad for my plans, this dwarf is useless now.

Gets a strange mood. Gets up out of his bed, starts dragging materials all over the fort (with his broken right arm), picks up smithing tools (with his broken right arm), forges an artifact (with his broken right arm). It's an iron right gauntlet, decorated with goblin bones, with images of goblins dying. With the experience he gained from instantly becoming Legendary, he gained a bunch of points of Toughness and healed his own broken arm in record time.

My next siege was led by a goblin with an image of the gauntlet on his shield.

Urist McGyver

• Bay Watcher
  • I love Roc Birds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 03:51:08 pm »

Many versions ago, I once had an armorsmith (one of my starting seven, brought along mainly with the hope that he'd get a lucky strange mood and I'd have a Legendary Armorsmith with no work involved getting there) get caught in a goblin ambush. He survived, but his right arm was broken. He languished in the barracks, and I figured: too bad for my plans, this dwarf is useless now.

Gets a strange mood. Gets up out of his bed, starts dragging materials all over the fort (with his broken right arm), picks up smithing tools (with his broken right arm), forges an artifact (with his broken right arm). It's an iron right gauntlet, decorated with goblin bones, with images of goblins dying. With the experience he gained from instantly becoming Legendary, he gained a bunch of points of Toughness and healed his own broken arm in record time.

My next siege was led by a goblin with an image of the gauntlet on his shield.

That's awesome  :o
It's treated as completely normal because this is Dwarf Fortress.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with surrounding yourself with a wall of flames, only to later realize that you're surrounded by a wall of flames.
There's nothing that can't be solved by hurling fifteen roc birds at it.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 04:52:57 pm »

Close, but not quite right. The best revenge is served cold, but first revenge must be cooked. Magma is the best way to cook it, and so it becomes !!REVENGE!!. Then it's allowed to cool, and becomes !!REVENGE!!

utuki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 08:51:57 pm »

Arekis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 12:47:31 pm »

I recently killed (well, the goblins killed) the leader of the goblin civ.  When I finally got around to obtaining the body of the demon, I discovered he had dozens of trinkets like this...  I'm now carving a memorial slab for each dwarf it killed.