Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military droppings  (Read 631 times)

Moosey

• Bay Watcher
  • [moose brute extract]
    • View Profile
Military droppings
« on: March 18, 2011, 05:18:22 pm »

I recently started doing squad rotations, instead of one squad on duty all the time.  In addition to happiness benefits, this encourages them to move their discarded non-armor clothes to their rooms when not on duty, which was always a pet peeve.  But now I'm finding weapons here and there in odd places in the fort, forbidden.  I'm sure that the military dwarves are dropping them at odd times, and they are ending up forbidden for an unknown reason.  Bug?

The military dwarves also claimed ownership of a bunch of food when backpacks became available, and left the claimed food in the goods stockpile where the backpacks are stored.  Fortunately it doesn't seem to be rotting and miasmaing up the place.
Backs to the wheel
There's granite to shove

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: Military droppings
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 05:33:41 pm »

Weapons usually end up forbidden when they are wrestled out of or otherwise removed from the hands of another dwarf. I think there might be an option under the "o" menu that talks about forbidding items when dropped or something similar.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Marshall Burns

• Bay Watcher
  • American Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Beyond the Wire Productions store
Re: Military droppings
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 10:36:20 pm »

Weapons get forbidden if they get stuck in a wound. The dwarf will continue to use it, but once it gets dropped it's actually treated as forbidden.

I think this happens because the weapon is for a moment considered to be in the enemy's possession while it's stuck-in. I think you can prevent this with one of the forbidding options in the (o)rders menu, but I don't remember which one.
By the way, I design table top RPGs and other games. You can buy some.