Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Healthcare fixes praise zone  (Read 3843 times)

Immacolata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Healthcare fixes praise zone
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2011, 01:26:15 am »

A Dorf Dip? Howd'ya do that?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2011, 02:51:07 am »

Easiest way, is that you have a 1 tile wide entry way, such as the door to your hospital or dining hall.  You dig a channel in front of it, and make it a pond.  It fills with 6/7 water.  You then remove the pond, and channel out the two adjacent squares, so the water is 2/7 on 3 squares.  Now, anyone entering that room gets auto-bathed, even if they enter from a diagonal to the door.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2011, 10:25:52 am »

Pretty sure that water has to be 3/7 in order for it to clean the dwarves.

I have a 3x5 pool with 3/7 water (with a few spots of 2/7) in my main entrance that all dwarves pass through in order to get into the main area.  The tiles with 2/7 water never show any contaminants, but the 3/7 tiles show lots of contaminants being washed off the dwarves.

So, for each tile that you fill to 6/7 with a pond zone, you can channel out one additional tile.

Big advantage of an entrance pool like that with 3/7 water is that all the dwarves regularly get happy thoughts in addition to being cleaned.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2011, 12:01:49 pm »

I've used 2/7 before and seen contaminants being washed off.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]