Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wait, I forgot what this means...  (Read 3224 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Wait, I forgot what this means...
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 09:08:44 pm »

I had an embark like that once. I remember it being one of my more successful forts, up until the game started erroring out and quitting.

Never made it into this so called "Candy Shop". I've never been able to get very far yet though in any case.

Question, did you start with an oddly high architectural value as well?

The13thClam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 10:13:25 pm »

Get your fort fully functioning, stable, and in all ways as brilliant as possible. Locate the strange upright sword. Pull it out of that stupid chunk of rock so that you can put it to good use.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2011, 03:15:56 am »

oooh a demonic fortress candy shop.

That's a spoiler  :P

NO, I will call it DEMONIC FORTRESS. I don't know who had the idea of fagging around with euphemisms and silly names for all the denizens of Hell, and I am sick of it. I will call it demonic fortress ! As demons are not clowns (Not unless they have skills in Comedian) and the adamantine key to hell is not cotton candy !

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2011, 03:52:25 am »

Quick, someone get one of those crazy buckets!
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

ZetaX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2011, 04:09:46 am »

I'm mainly on Naryar's side in this. If you wish, we can fight it out like in good old dwarfy times, you using cotton candy and us using adamantine  ;)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2011, 04:37:20 am »

The whole spoiler protection thing really doesn't work so great. Heck, I knew about adamantine and the demons (No, you aren't the demons) before I ever downloaded DF.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2011, 04:53:11 am »

It appears that it DOES work, since OP didn't know about it...  Either way, we're getting dangerously off-topic.

Urist McGyver

• Bay Watcher
  • I love Roc Birds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2011, 08:24:05 am »

NO, I will call it DEMONIC FORTRESS. I don't know who had the idea of fagging around with euphemisms and silly names for all the denizens of Hell, and I am sick of it. I will call it demonic fortress ! As demons are not clowns (Not unless they have skills in Comedian) and the adamantine key to hell is not cotton candy !

Woah, calm down Urist McBerserk! Was just pulling your leg :P
It's treated as completely normal because this is Dwarf Fortress.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with surrounding yourself with a wall of flames, only to later realize that you're surrounded by a wall of flames.
There's nothing that can't be solved by hurling fifteen roc birds at it.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2011, 08:50:39 am »

Woah, calm down Urist McBerserk! Was just pulling your leg :P

Berserk ? Does my previous post looks like it was done by some raging madman ?

I was merely slightly annoyed by you, and emphasizing the contents on my post. Candy canes or cotton candies are not in the game for now, and are not adamantium longswords.

For clarity's sake. If we use euphemisms, it is bound to confuse a few newcomers to the game. And this is certainly not helping on the long term.

Malibu Stacey

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2011, 06:59:31 am »

TBH it was a lot less annoying when it was simply referred to as HFS (Hidden Fun Stuff) like in the 40d days.
All this "cotton candy" & "circus" bullshit is as big a spoiler as simply saying Adamantine & Hell as people who don't know the stupid spoiler obfuscating terms are going to wonder what they mean & either look them up on the Wiki/Google them or ask in these forums which defeats the entire purpose of using spoiler obfuscating terms in the first place.
Also in 40d it was an actual spoiler as not every map had the "Eerie glowing pits" so finding them & uncorking them was something special. In 0.31.xx every map has some part of Hell under the magma sea as long as it's not screwed by the map generation bugs.
I bursted out laughing so hard at this that my dog woke up, came in the room, and looked at me like I'm an idiot.

Then proceeded to brag about how he has 27 kills on his kill list and is super-doggenly tough. 

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2011, 07:10:03 am »

Or an unlucky 2x2.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2011, 07:21:06 am »

So OP, to get the sword you will have to go through legions of undead. You could just magma the lot if you don't have a good miliatry.

Afterwards just deconstruct it and voilą!
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
Pages: 1 [2]