Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: The New Web of Pages - [Hiatus]  (Read 8990 times)

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
Re: The New Web of Pages - [Hiatus]
« Reply #135 on: March 03, 2011, 09:41:54 pm »

I have back ups from every season played, due to auto-back up and seasonal saves.  I could pass it along if anyone is interested I suppose.  The fort was mostly an experiment in everyone working together at the same time.  Succession forts are usually people working together without communicating; I wanted to see if people could dwarf it up multiplayer style, talking back and forth and having contradicting aims for the fort.  I just always ended up with 30 idlers since I really didn't want to do anything without being directly told to.  xD

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #136 on: March 03, 2011, 10:00:54 pm »

This is a very fun game and I like your writing style and extensive updates.

If after your break you feel like resuming from a previous save or restarting another fort with the same rule, I would be very happy.

This style of community game is great, but we can't have up to 200 persons each controlling a dwarf.
So the max population needs to be controlled.
Setting the max population to zero from the start with no baby would ensure having only the seven starting dwarf, plus the two first migration wave for a total of about 21 dwarf. Most can be haulers with no other task until a new player join, or recruit an apprentice.

Having a game master take everyone order, execute them to the letter like you did, and post extensive reports is very awesome.

Enjoy your break and you are welcome to PM me if you resume this, or start another fort with the low population cap.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 03, 2011, 10:17:36 pm »

This is a very fun game and I like your writing style and extensive updates.

If after your break you feel like resuming from a previous save or restarting another fort with the same rule, I would be very happy.

This style of community game is great, but we can't have up to 200 persons each controlling a dwarf.
So the max population needs to be controlled.
Setting the max population to zero from the start with no baby would ensure having only the seven starting dwarf, plus the two first migration wave for a total of about 21 dwarf. Most can be haulers with no other task until a new player join, or recruit an apprentice.

Having a game master take everyone order, execute them to the letter like you did, and post extensive reports is very awesome.

Enjoy your break and you are welcome to PM me if you resume this, or start another fort with the low population cap.

I agree with Valrandir, except that allowing babies could encourage Fun and having maybe 30 or 40 as the population cap would be fine if each player was allowed anywhere from 1 - 6 apprentices for their projects depending on the nature of their occupation. A mechanic might have 1 or 2 to help produce mechanisms or rig up levers, while a military commander may have a whole squad of trainees under him numbering 4 and a mason/farmer might have as many as 6 with a megaproject or keeping the place fed & boozed.

I thought this was really fun as long as it lasted and I liked your commentary as well. Here's hoping you restart sometime in the future.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2011, 08:33:28 pm »

I just found this and think it sounds really interesting. If you ever come take this off of hiatus I would be happy to be dorfed.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]