Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Undeath Plague  (Read 691 times)

MisterLich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Undeath Plague
« on: March 15, 2011, 01:21:02 pm »

I'm not sure if something like this has been suggested (it probably has due to popularity elsewhere), but if it hasn't I'm suggesting it, if it has I'm expressing support for it.

Now there are all ready zombies and skeletons in the game, but what I have is slightly more for the terrifying and haunted biomes they are in, or perhaps this may even apply to FBs or something.

Suggestion 1:  If magic is implemented, necromancers.  It'd be a lot more !!FUN!! if a siege of goblins came and one of them was a gobby Necromancer, walking by your refuse pile and suddenly bringing back all of your dead dorfs, this could produce horrific thoughts to the past dorfs loved ones as they butcher them from the grave and so on and so forth.  Perhaps the demons from Hell would also have something like this going on.

Suggestion 2:  A plague or virus symptom that causes berserk behavior to those infected.  Dorf A kills FB, FB toxin causes Dorf A to go berserk, Dorf A attacks Dorf B, Dorf B goes berserk, Dorf B attacks Dorf C.  Or it could just be something that causes a vomiting blood sympton, bleeding from the eyes, unconsciousness, and then the dorf wakes up as a Zombie Dwarf that moves slowly and so on and so fort.

Those are my two suggestions in very very general detail.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undeath Plague
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 01:44:32 pm »

Search the forum prior to posting, there is another thread with the same topic on the first page at this time. For the megathread, see: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=60401.msg1361699#msg1361699

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: Undeath Plague
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 05:07:54 pm »

Why are you storing dead dwarves outside in the refuse pile?
Yes, necromancy has been talked about before.

Finally, on the subject, necromancy involves magic, which is very controversial in the world of DF. Personally I am against the idea of magic. The ability to support a castle on a single pillar of soap is magic enough for me.

Now if this effect was done on a new, different unit, say a Lich or a Demon or something, I would support it. But having day to day gabbos do it? No.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!