Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Savage World Mod from Bathunter- Alpha.  (Read 530 times)

Bathunter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Savage World Mod from Bathunter- Alpha.
« on: April 09, 2011, 01:50:21 pm »

This is the Savage World mod, from Bathunter.

I been playing Dwarf Fortress for a while, and even through I'm not a master, I find the game a tad too easy. In addition, I been learning how to mod Dwarf Fortress. Therefore, I made a group of creatures, designed to increases the game's difficultly, but not too much (I have no desire to be curb-stomped, and I would imagine that you guys don't want to be curb-stomped as well.)

The creatures are namely predators, Mega-beasts, and aggressive herbivores. No new civilization. Most of these creatures will avoid your traps and can't be tamed, in order to prevent you from destroying the golbin siege with a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Since I am new at modding, I desire constructive critism, and advice. In addition, since I don't have the time to test this extremely well, I want to read stories about your encounters with these creatures, so I have an idea of how the creatures behave.

Here is a list of creatures, covered in spoilers. I will allow you guys to use your own judgement on whenever you need to use spoilers when telling your stories. These creatures are available for use in the Arena.

This is only the alpha version http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4174. I plan on modifying these creatures listed to make them more powerful (or nerf them, if they are game-breakers), as well as adding a lot of new creatures over time.

Also, I don't enjoy Adventure mode, only Fortress mod. So I am making these creatures with Fortress mode in mind. I will listen to the inputs of the adventurers, but they are not getting the prioty that the overseers will get.

One more note: this mod only add creatures, it doesn't modify any other files. I can't promise that it will work with other mods, but in theory, it should.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 02:15:30 pm by Bathunter »
Join Operation Hellstorm. Help the worms escape oppression.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=95404.0

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: A Savage World Mod from Bathunter- Alpha.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 01:55:21 pm »

You want to code in Mothra?

I applaud your intentions, good sir.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.