Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: YOUR perfect zombie game  (Read 3658 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: YOUR perfect zombie game
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2011, 11:25:23 am »

Tahin and I have been discussing a roguelike that could be described as a combination of Liberal Crime Squad and Rebuild, a flash TBS involving reclaiming infested city blocks.

You could go on missions into specific infested lots or blocks to scavenge, or go to safehouses and build them up. Some blocks/lots would have special equipment allowing anything from electricity to ammo loading to machining equipment.

Ultimately, you would build several safehouses to access these resources and have secured caravans moving between them. You will also send caravans to rural fortresses that can provide food, but need materials that your scavengers can provide.

You can retire a character and control a new one, so your safehouse commander can stay safe and you can try running messages between outposts as a page, or guard a caravan, or just wander the ruins looking for loot.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2011, 01:54:10 pm »

Sounds pretty cool. Although the zombie genre is dying down (no pun intended). Looks like the new big thing is the alien invasion (the new "V" series, Battle: Los Angeles, Skyline, the upcoming Falling Skies TV series, etc.).

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 01:56:23 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2011, 02:00:27 pm »

I want a single-player shooter where you start with a full combat load of ammunition, grenades, weapons, etc. Then, about halfway through level three, you realize you're on your last mag and there hasn't been a single ammo crate in this entire urban dystopia. And there isn't, ever, all game. By the end you've either gotten really good with the bayonet or learned how to hide from patrols.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2011, 02:39:11 pm »

Man, that'd be rough. 255 rounds or so (7x30 for a M4 and 3x15 for a M9). Sounds like fun.

I'd like a game that's optimistic in tone, one where humanity actually wins in the end. So the game is a matter of desperately trying to get to that point where you've got a supply of ammunition (or holding out until you get rescued) and then trying to clear the city for re-habitation.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2011, 04:25:07 pm »

I say we skip aliens altogether and go straight to the next fad: wild horses. You're just walking around downtown, and bam, horses trampling you. Horses EVERYWHERE. Smashing cars, kicking people. Pretty soon, they call in the army, but then, the horses just trample them too, and now some of them have grenades.

It'll be big.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2011, 04:26:37 pm »

I say we skip aliens altogether and go straight to the next fad: wild horses. You're just walking around downtown, and bam, horses trampling you. Horses EVERYWHERE. Smashing cars, kicking people. Pretty soon, they call in the army, but then, the horses just trample them too, and now some of them have grenades.

It'll be big.
Funnily enough I can imagine a game about stampeding animals actually coming out, there's been crazier games.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2011, 04:27:13 pm »

Lemmings II: The Revenge?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2011, 04:29:20 pm »

I want a single-player shooter where you start with a full combat load of ammunition, grenades, weapons, etc. Then, about halfway through level three, you realize you're on your last mag and there hasn't been a single ammo crate in this entire urban dystopia. And there isn't, ever, all game. By the end you've either gotten really good with the bayonet or learned how to hide from patrols.

Hum. The raises the question of what about the downed enemies? What happens to their stuff?

I mean, yeah it is unrealistic to just be able to use it, but even more so to just ignore it in favor the bayonet.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2011, 08:18:35 pm »

Easy. You're shooting zombies and/or aliens, and in the case of aliens, their weapons are indiscernable lumps of metal and impossible to use.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.
Pages: 1 2 [3]