Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: looking to start a .21 succession fort  (Read 630 times)

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
looking to start a .21 succession fort
« on: March 09, 2011, 03:38:08 am »

I want to get into my first succession fort and none of the ones up looked terribly appealing so I figured I'd see if some people want to start one.  I figure once we have the first 7 signed up they can be dorfed the first year and we can go from there.  I can take the first year, but I was thinking I'd be 3rd or 4th and give someone else a chance to start things off.

I want to go with vanilla .21  and see what name the game gives us.  suggestions for world parameters and fort location are welcome.

Basic rules, one week per turn, one in game year per turn, no cheating.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 03:52:25 pm by Babylon »

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: looking to start a .21 succession fort
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 03:52:52 pm »

Isn't there anyone out there who wants to play a standard succession game?

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 04:45:06 pm »

Hi

A succession fort with no goals where we "just play" is very ordinary and not so appealing.

What makes a fort interesting for me is to have specific rules to follow in term of game-play and a long term project to complete, while knowing that it might just fail to goblins and tandrum spiral.

Good writing is also important to entertain readers and keep it all interesting.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 07:05:49 pm »

Good writing is, indeed, vital.  I suppose i should come up with a goal for the fort, or else start the first year and write it up and see if I can tempt people into playing.

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 08:15:43 pm »

You can try Craftsthunder. It's pretty much just play and is a converted .19-.21 game.
Memento Mori