Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ability to stand lost... forever?  (Read 12515 times)

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ability to stand lost... forever?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2011, 02:07:33 pm »

Wielding crutches will allow you to stand again, I think. Be aware that you'll still move really slowly until your adventurer trains in crutch walking.
Sadly, crutches only work when you only have one nonfunctional leg which should read "ability to stand somewhat impaired" in the health menu if I remember correctly. If you have "ability to stand lost", then both legs are broken and there is currently no way to walk again.

Not even id you dualweild crutches!? D=
I think dualwielding will work. it has for me in past versions, at least. haven't gotten a cripple in .19 yet.

lowbart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 12:57:44 pm »

I disagree. My current adventurer in 31.18 has "ability to stand lost" due to nerve damage in one leg, and he walks with a crutch and his good leg. Don't know about when both legs are screwed up, though.
"Are you there, gods? It's me, Mistêm."
Quote from: Boatmurdered
Guerilla Burialgears absently tucks the child's rock into his pack and turns to leave for good; his head hung low. His words trail behind him as he disappears over the ridge. It is a haunting whisper, quickly stolen away by the wind: "All burn..."

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 10:00:07 am »

Wielding crutches will allow you to stand again, I think. Be aware that you'll still move really slowly until your adventurer trains in crutch walking.
Sadly, crutches only work when you only have one nonfunctional leg which should read "ability to stand somewhat impaired" in the health menu if I remember correctly. If you have "ability to stand lost", then both legs are broken and there is currently no way to walk again.

Not even id you dualweild crutches!? D=
I think dualwielding will work. it has for me in past versions, at least. haven't gotten a cripple in .19 yet.
It has never for me. But I haven't tried for several versions so I'm not sure. Maybe it was fixed?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 10:21:50 am »

What do I need to edit for nerves to heal?

Nerves do not naturally heal, but you can add a tag to the tissue raws that allows it to heal.
It doesn't work this way. When the nerves are severed, it's permanent. It's not a tissue damage, it's a "toggle" status.

There's no "abilisty to stand somewhat impaired", you confuse it with "ability to grasp". When you lose control of one leg, you cannot stand on another, so it says "ability to stand is lost".
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Necalli

• Bay Watcher
  • amusing ourselves to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 12:29:12 am »

There's no "abilisty to stand somewhat impaired", you confuse it with "ability to grasp". When you lose control of one leg, you cannot stand on another, so it says "ability to stand is lost".

Actually there is: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:String_dump#Subsection_3. I've seen it too.
Though, I don't completely understand what it means. Limp? "Get a crutch and fast"?
It's a temporal condition, that much is clear.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 12:33:09 am by Necalli »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 12:34:52 pm »

Actually there is: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:String_dump#Subsection_3. I've seen it too.
Though, I don't completely understand what it means. Limp? "Get a crutch and fast"?
It's a temporal condition, that much is clear.
What is it, I don't even... Some stuff meaning that there's some "magic arc" stuff already coded in, just not implemented??
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 03:21:45 pm »

Bah, losing a leg is an opportunity, not an impairment! I've crippled a whole elven civilization just because... Why did I do it again?
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

Necalli

• Bay Watcher
  • amusing ourselves to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2011, 04:12:22 pm »

Bah, losing a leg is an opportunity, not an impairment! I've crippled a whole elven civilization just because... Why did I do it again?

Not losing a leg, but breaking it. I believe... Hell, OK, I'll do some leap-off-the-cliff tests, then post here. I've SEEN it.
Pages: 1 [2]