Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: .20 lack of plump helmet  (Read 1117 times)

atat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
.20 lack of plump helmet
« on: March 07, 2011, 01:43:00 am »

Has anyone else have had their dwarf  civilization not have access to plump helmets. My current game, I can't embark with them, or trade for them. I mean PLUMP HELMET'S for GOD SAKES!

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: .20 lack of plump helmet
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 01:46:27 am »

Did you take caverns out by any chance? You need at least 1 to have underground crops
Memento Mori

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 02:39:42 am »

Are there ANY dwarven crops available?  Do you find any shrubs when you dig down to breach a cavern?
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

atat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 10:08:39 am »

There are caverns and yes, I got all but plump helmets.

ThrowerOfStones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Alea Iacta Est
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 10:11:10 am »

Sometimes certain plants go extinct in world gen, so I've heard. Never had it happen to me before.
The dead do not respond to context.
Pencil and Paper Blog Ahoy!

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 12:33:35 pm »

I have had high boots unavailable but never had a plant go extinct, my home land did have access to adimantium once and I could trade for it
From the description of the event, I think that your copy of Dwarf Fortress was on drugs when this happened. That's surely the only logical explanation for a human werewolf with deadly farts dying from it's own excrement after slaughtering some goblins comrades.

Valguris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 02:52:06 pm »

my home land did have access to adimantium once and I could trade for it

What?!
Did you mod something? If not, it's a bug.

dakenho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 03:21:17 pm »

yeah I cant remember what it was exactly but could trade for adimantium something becuase I was having troubles finding it when digging.  cant remember if it was ores wafers or some item,  I was such a newb at this game back than.  I do remember about 10 games latter going back through the trade depot frustrated looking at every item I could request for the stuff then reading the forums realizing that is not supposed to happen :/
From the description of the event, I think that your copy of Dwarf Fortress was on drugs when this happened. That's surely the only logical explanation for a human werewolf with deadly farts dying from it's own excrement after slaughtering some goblins comrades.

atat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 12:17:00 am »

Well I seem, to regularly have a lack of plump helmets. Here is the kicker. Embarked, no ph, reclaimed same fortress... did!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 06:57:23 am »

It selected a different civ for you. For some reason that specific dwarf kingdom you started from had no plump helmets.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 07:09:53 am »

I've got about ten civilizations on embark, but only one has an inhabited fortress.
maybe starting with a dead civ causes your problem of no plumpies.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link