Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Quiet, too quiet  (Read 2268 times)

mareck

• Bay Watcher
  • Ahhhh, Dwarf meat!
    • View Profile
Re: Quiet, too quiet
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 02:59:14 am »

@PopeRichardCorey
Seriously Darth Pope you are. Control your anger, do not let it control you.
BTW. On my other thread i posted yesterday that i am moving back to 40d for a while.
Art is a Blast

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 10:07:29 am »

My fort wealth is in the millions my pop over 100. Everything is there. Just not the FUN.
-EDIT-Seems with (every) consecutive version things keep getting worse these days.

Wow, was it really necessary to be such an ungrateful and whiny little brat? The only way you might deserve to bitch and moan like that is if you donate a lot of money to the Bay There is no way you deserve to bitch and moan like that.  Go play a game which you enjoy if you're going to whine about this one advancing.  Releases that aren't bugfixes have huge flaws -- it's always been that way.  So drop back to .18 or .16 or and stop whining like a 5 year old about how the thing you get for free and are choosing to play isn't perfect.

fixed :)

Talikmon

• Bay Watcher
  • Surprise!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 01:07:19 pm »

My fort wealth is in the millions my pop over 100. Everything is there. Just not the FUN.
-EDIT-Seems with (every) consecutive version things keep getting worse these days.

Wow, was it really necessary to be such an ungrateful and whiny little brat?  The only way you might deserve to bitch and moan like that is if you donate a lot of money to the Bay.  Go play a game which you enjoy if you're going to whine about this one advancing.  Releases that aren't bugfixes have huge flaws -- it's always been that way.  So drop back to .18 or .16 or stop whining like a 5 year old about how the thing you get for free and are choosing to play isn't perfect.

Hate to break this to you, but just because a game is free does not make it suddenly exempt from criticism.  Every time someone here jumps to DF's defense with a really stupid argument like yours, God kills a kitten.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 01:16:51 pm »

Hate to break this to you, but just because a game is free does not make it suddenly exempt from criticism.  Every time someone here jumps to DF's defense with a really stupid argument like yours, God kills a kitten.

Considering how dangerous kittens are isn't this just an encouragement to do so more?

The his first reply was overly whiny. It's fine (in fact it should be required) to criticise but doing it in a constructive way is more useful and ideally without claiming things you don't like are bugs.
Yes this game is too easy, there are plenty of mods to fix that. Yes this game has flaws, hopefully he'll fix them eventually.

With regards to his original question I think he has an answer now so my advice, as he's still finding it too easy, would be a mod such as the orc mod (assuming that is updated for .21 yet)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

mareck

• Bay Watcher
  • Ahhhh, Dwarf meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 01:49:14 pm »

Seems like things have calmed down a little. So many evil elves about.

I have the orc mod. I changed a few things in it. I used it since way back when it first came onto the main lists. I normally upsize them a little and tweak their race.

But for now i am taking a break from the new DF and running with my old one. I have a variety of monster,race,exotic and item mods that work with it, so i have a challenge when i want one.
Art is a Blast

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 08:15:20 pm »

Wow, was it really necessary to be such an ungrateful and whiny little brat?  The only way you might deserve to bitch and moan like that is if you donate a lot of money to the Bay.  Go play a game which you enjoy if you're going to whine about this one advancing.  Releases that aren't bugfixes have huge flaws -- it's always been that way.  So drop back to .18 or .16 or stop whining like a 5 year old about how the thing you get for free and are choosing to play isn't perfect.

...  Dude, am I saying it's immune to criticism?  Fuck no.  Stop attributing things I didn't say to me.  The game is massively flawed, and we are all aware of it.  And we all point out the flaws readily, etc. etc.  There's a fucking bug tracker for a reason.  The difference is, this guy is whining about it and acting like he deserves a flawless game, and that the flaws are completely ruining it. He doesn't point out bugs and consider workarounds; he points out things he doesnt enjoy, calls them bugs, and bitches and moans. 

Have you ever heard of a concept called "entitlement"?
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.
Pages: 1 [2]