Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 3 Quick Questions  (Read 746 times)

Warped

• Bay Watcher
  • Crowded elevators smell different to dwarfs.
    • View Profile
3 Quick Questions
« on: March 05, 2011, 04:03:37 pm »

Hi, new here. Been playing DF for a good while. Just had a few silly questions I've never seen answered and couldn't find via search. Pre-Thanks for the help/tips.

1) Garbage Dumps - Can you set them as specific sites or is there a way to have a magma dump, stone dump, etc.?

B) If you turn temperature off is it still possible to melt refuse/enemies with magma?

III) When with burrows - If you setup a burrow and 'add a citizen' to it, does this mean he/she is then confined to said burrow? Or only he/she can pass through the burrow? (I'm trying to keep children out of my danger rooms and animals too if possible) Would changing the traffic designation be a better alternative? (ie: Make the danger room Restricted?

CinnibarMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Quick Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 04:12:02 pm »

1. Don't think so. Dorfs just bring em to the closest one if I remember.

B. Nope.

III. Yep. They will leave to seek food/drink if they start to starve etc. Desperate times 'n all.

With the recent addition of pastures keeping animals in one spot is now even easier!
Burning and raping the land is recreational. Where business is concerned, though, sustainability is the name of the game.

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Quick Questions
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 05:52:02 pm »

Addition to CinnibarMan's answer to 1: Dwarfs will lug stuff halfway across the map to a different garbage dump zone under certain circumstances - generally, if the closest dump zone is too crowded. This means that if you do have different dumps for different purposes, but have the wrong one set to active at the moment, you may find stuff being thrown in the magma pit when you meant to put it next to a workshop.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.