Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bridge question  (Read 1083 times)

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
Re: Bridge question
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 09:33:35 pm »

I hear floor grates don't have the same weight limit as retracting bridges, though I have not had a chance to test that.

About atom smashers, keep in mind that any equipment your victim is carrying will be completely destroyed.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Bridge question
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 10:19:02 pm »

The only problem with this setup is that anything above a certain size (ogres are one thing that comes to mind) will cause your bridge to deconstruct instead of flinging the creature.

Not quite.  Retracting bridges or drawbridges will deconstruct if they lower or extend into a space where there is a too-large creature, but if you try to retract or raise a bridge with a too-large creature on it, it will simply not activate, but won't deconstruct.

I hear floor grates don't have the same weight limit as retracting bridges, though I have not had a chance to test that.

Correct.  Floor grates and floor hatches will open no matter what size creature is on them.  Of course, grates and hatches are vulnerable to building-destroyers, unlike bridges.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
Pages: 1 [2]