Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Post your most epic wins!  (Read 1144 times)

Samrobot

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill it! Burn it! Just make sure it's dead!
    • View Profile
Post your most epic wins!
« on: February 28, 2011, 04:10:22 pm »

This is a thread were you can post your most epic wins and brag to your fellow dwarves.

One of mine is when i was being ambushed and i killed all ambushers accept the boss. So after several pages of misses and blocks he hacks my leg off with his axe, being faint and fearing to die i scramble to get a crossbow from a fallen ally and i shoot him in his weapon hand and he drops his axe.  I shoot him again and it hits him in the face and he is dead.
Dwarf Fortress: we take assisted suicide of minors very seriously!

Vastin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Post your most epic wins!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 06:30:32 pm »

My first Titan Kill! Smoxog Strapdawn, the Glacial Lion has fallen!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

KarolineDianne

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorcerer of Chaos
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 08:05:00 pm »

This

~ Kudpa struck at the great beast, but the monstrous bird of prey was agile and avoided the blow with ease. It's massive beak thrust forward, clutching the hero in the hand with its steel-hard, vice-like grasp. Kudpa cried out in agony, dropping her blade as her iron gauntlet crumpled like foil and her hand was crushed like a twig in the jaws of the mighty eagle.

Her companions distracted the Roc, taunting it with their blades and knives as Kudpa dragged herself away from the monster. She glared up at the ivory feathered creature with fury, vowing to bring this beast down right hand or no. She unlatched her shield from her left arm, preparing to draw her dagger in her off hand, and threw it at her enemy.

The shield spun through the air like a shining copper discus, sailing over the heads of her companions and towards the great eagle. With a loud crack, the metal disc collided with the monster's head, rebounding off as the great bird let out a terrible shreik. A moment after the shield landed in the snow, the Roc collapsed, falling down the hillside. Its skull had been shattered, the beast was dead.~
Urist McSlayerdwarf cancels live: Interrupted by Chaos Sorcerer

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 08:10:00 pm »

I was attacking a bandit camp as a kobold with only some small skill in dodging. I was sneaking to try to assassinate the leader then leave, but he spotted me before I could land a strike. I was unable to land a hit on him and he chopped my foot off with his sword. Lying on the ground with the leader standing over me, ready to make the killing blow, I threw the dagger and it shattered his skull. The other bandits quickly finished me off while I was weaponless and prone, but I died with a smile on my face.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Vastin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 06:06:11 pm »

My human adventuress Astri, who started as a vanilla hero (no mods, no backups), has racked up around 150 kills thus far - including solo dragons, cyclops and many night beasts. She's currently hunting Titans, though she's having trouble finding many. She rarely brings companions on any of her adventures unless she needs them to prevent bogeys.

Her most dire and desperate moment to date was waking up in a friendly fortress with a group of bogeymen taking free shots at her in her sleep thanks to some horrific glitch in the ambush system (saved by armor, quick reflexes, and the grace of Armok).

Despite mainly being a straight up multi-style melee fighter (no abusing legendary stealth or throwing), she has never been injured. She has the devil's own luck in battle.

Most of her weapon skills are currently around Adept, and her Fighting is somewhere around Legendary + 15, with wrestling at least Legendary + 8. Her current move speed is just below 1700. Her current favorite weapon is a <<Steel Pick>>, though she also has a Steel Battle Axe and a very fancy Iron Spear.

Astri is a brutal slayer of all that is evil, and I'll be sad on the day when she finally gets kicked in the face by a Deer or beaten to death with a sock.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 02:35:50 pm »

I had a Steel Dorf (using Genesis Mod) who was pretty good friends with them Keeper guys. Started off near a fortress, so I recruited a few guys. We were travelling around, doing quests, when we were ambushed by bandits. Being a peasant, I figured I didn't have a chance. I figured screw it. I was getting arrows fired at me. Oh, and they were Orcs. My buddies were wiped out in an instant, save one. Four orc bandits closed in on me, with another firing arrows towards my face. One of the arrows wasn't blocked and hit me in the head. It grazed my skull and stuck in the head. Somehow I survived it. I managed to cripple two orcs. The leader, the only non-injured one, went towards my other buddy, who was in combat with the archer. One of the crippled orcs stabbed me in the left shoulder with a spear. My shield fell to the ground as I lost grasping ability in that hand. I finished that orc with a curb stomp and decapitated the other. My buddy had taken out the archer, but was getting his ass handed to him by the orc leader. I dropped my cobalt sword and picked up the spear used to cripple me, threw it at the orc, and hit him straight through a lung and into his spine. He fell, crippled. I picked up my sword, walked over to him and my dying buddy, and stabbed him in the head. Twice. Because he was a god damn beastly orc that refused to die. My buddy laid in a pool of his own blood. He died before I got two steps.

Not so much epic win as epic, I guess.