Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Graphic mod  (Read 446 times)

Naz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Graphic mod
« on: March 02, 2011, 06:21:59 pm »

This may not be the place for this but since it arose as an issue in fortress mode I thought I'd ask you guys. Is there a way to selectively mod the graphics from the mayday pack? Namely I need to change the gender symbols because the .18 version has both male and female as a blank square...which as you can imagine is massively unhelpful.
Urist McDwarf cancels wear pants: Just because

Diverso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Graphic mod
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 06:30:10 pm »

Don't know what for you, but changing 2D to STANDART ruled out most of my symbol relater issues. You should try it.
Only in DF do you get discussions of how to genocide babies and children because they take up resources, slaughter merpeople for their bones, eat raw kitten meat, and set carefree, happy elves on fire.

Is someone keeping track of all these?

Naz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 06:32:41 pm »

thanks I'll try that.
Urist McDwarf cancels wear pants: Just because

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 06:44:06 pm »

Follow the path data/init/init.txt
Scroll about 1/4 of the way down and change "[GRAPHICS:YES]" to "[GRAPHICS:NO]"

That should fix your problem.
Unless you just want the male and female icons changed.
Then following the path raw/graphics and changing the dwarves bitmap to something that has been updated should work, but I'm not as sure.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 07:02:31 pm »

Actually, this is an issue with the font, not the graphics.  The font that Mayday's uses has no male or female symbols, and thus defaults to the blank "box" symbol.  You see this a lot when viewing Chinese or Japanese sites, where unknown characters are blocks.  I actually made a thread about this in the modding forum, lemme see...

Found.