Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Your favourite utilities?  (Read 5084 times)

orbcontrolled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your favourite utilities?
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2011, 11:29:40 pm »

For Each Tile was the best utility I've ever used. It's the closest thing I've seen to a true map editor, and no other utility has come close to matching what it could do.
I fondly remember the days when I could turn most of the map into empty air, and then have my dwarves carve out a small self-sufficient colony on the floating hemisphere of rock that was all that remained of their world.
Also dropping magma-balls on things, freezing enemies in their tracks, encasing people in solid stone for fun and profit, and giving every tile in the world an invalid matgloss and reveling in the fun that resulted.

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2011, 11:47:16 pm »

For Each Tile was the best utility I've ever used. It's the closest thing I've seen to a true map editor, and no other utility has come close to matching what it could do.
I fondly remember the days when I could turn most of the map into empty air, and then have my dwarves carve out a small self-sufficient colony on the floating hemisphere of rock that was all that remained of their world.
Also dropping magma-balls on things, freezing enemies in their tracks, encasing people in solid stone for fun and profit, and giving every tile in the world an invalid matgloss and reveling in the fun that resulted.

hahahaaaaaa, that sounds like incredible fun.  Like being Armok himself! 
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2011, 12:43:56 am »

But what's a cheater? Who decides what constitutes 'the rules' in a game that we each play individually?  My philosophy has always been that entertainment is what entertains me. If someone else wants to do it differently, more fun to them! But I don't call them a cheater for playing differently, and dislike it when other people try to shame me for playing differently.

If you cheat, you're bad and you should feel bad!

No, just kidding, really.  The first statement was made mostly in jest, which, as usual, failed over the internet. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]