Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Eden Fort  (Read 1123 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Eden Fort
« on: February 28, 2011, 04:57:42 am »

Due to popular demand, I've uploaded my world.  Description is in the DFFD, but it's basically got metal EVERYWHERE, war with elves, and LOTS of fun megabeasts, titans, etc.  Sadly no goblins, but that might be good for a new player just starting out on .19, right?  Pocket sized world, should be easy on the FPS.

Currently active fort is very lame, but stable for the most part, and has a working GCS powered titan catcher!  Instructions on how this works are in-game as notes (viewed via "N") and there's a pair of titans nearby for whatever temple, gladiator, or otherwise Very Fun things you have in mind.

Will a titan fight another titan?

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3866

(Also, heading to sleep, so won't be able to respond to replies for a few hours!)

Haekel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eden Fort
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 08:56:33 am »

Mods: Nothing major. Uses Phoebus graphics set, some animals modded for [PET] and GCS are breed-able. A hacked version of the Higher Learning Mod because I'm a dirty cheater, and the small bonfire mod. Also no aquifers, because otherwise the map is FULL of them!

Nothing major, my ass. Oo  This is about 500% of the mods I usually use, and I consider MYSELF to be a cheater.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 09:21:22 am »

"Major" would be like "Genesis Mod" or other near-total-conversion.

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 10:16:20 am »

I released the titans, because imprisoning folks based on their race is a crime.

Much Fun was had.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 10:56:52 am »

I'm sure they devoured my bismuth bronze troops.  I've since upgraded and expanded to steel, and I'm working on a masterwork addy "supersoldier" who will be trained through the wholesale slaughter of captured elven bear mounts.  Barracks and training is weak.

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 11:40:34 am »

Old school dwarf training, attempted murder of something foul smelling, angry and hairy until one succeeds. Sure it's not another dwarf, but almost as good.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.