Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Plutonium Making  (Read 1326 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Plutonium Making
« on: February 28, 2011, 07:48:21 am »

I have a workshop called a "Dwarven Centrifuge". The Centrifuge allows a mechanic to take a bar of uranium (smelt from pitchblende, which now comes in veins) and turn it into a bar of plutonium. The reaction raws are:

[REACTION:MAKE_PLUTONIUM]
[NAME:make plutonium]
[BUILDING:DWARVEN_CENTRIFUGE:CUSTOM_P]
[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:URANIUM]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:PLUTONIUM][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:MECHANIC]

but I can't get it to do it. What's wrong?

Also, what's the tag for workshops to use just 1 stone as a material?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 07:51:14 am by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Assassinfox

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
    • Raging at the Box
Re: Plutonium Making
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 08:42:03 am »

It should be INORGANIC:URANIUM and INORGANIC:PLUTONIUM instead of METAL:URANIUM and METAL:PLUTONIUM.

For workshops, it's:

[BUILD_ITEM:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][BUILDMAT][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 04:33:28 pm »

No, it should be METAL:bluh there. They're defined as metals, so they use METAL in the third field.
くコ:彡

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 04:37:11 pm »

No, it should be METAL:bluh there. They're defined as metals, so they use METAL in the third field.

That's not right. All metals use the INORGANIC:bluh. I don't think such thing as METAL:bluh even exists anywhere in raws, at least not in reactions.

EDIT:Okay, posted too hastily, it appears that reaction_smelter.txt DOES have the METAL:bluh tags.

So, it would be a good thing to see the raws of both uranium and plutonium the OP uses.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 04:41:17 pm by Kipi »
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 05:02:42 pm »

AFAIK it's technically INORGANIC, but METAL is an appropriate token too, however it's safer to use "inorganic" because it works for ALL inorganic materials, while metal may be limited to metals only (I don't know, I never use it).

What's the problem? Did you add it to permitted reaction? You didn't say where it doesn't work, so we can't really help.

P.S. Also LOL at centrifuge :P. They must rotate it REALLY fast :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 05:08:31 pm »

AFAIK it's technically INORGANIC, but METAL is an appropriate token too, however it's safer to use "inorganic" because it works for ALL inorganic materials, while metal may be limited to metals only (I don't know, I never use it).

What's the problem? Did you add it to permitted reaction? You didn't say where it doesn't work, so we can't really help.

Hey, you are talking about dwarven physics here! If there can be n=n+1 dragons in single square, while dwarf and tree can't be in the same square, or if you can grab creature from it's tenth left back teeth with using your middle finger, then I think centrifuge should be possible as well!  ;D

But seriously, I suspect that it's either the PERMITTED_REACTION problem or then there are something wrong in the file determining uranium.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 05:28:39 pm »

Or maybe the radiation is just driving them away or killing them before they can actually do it?
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 07:01:53 pm »

Hey, you are talking about dwarven physics here! If there can be n=n+1 dragons in single square, while dwarf and tree can't be in the same square, or if you can grab creature from it's tenth left back teeth with using your middle finger, then I think centrifuge should be possible as well!  ;D

But seriously, I suspect that it's either the PERMITTED_REACTION problem or then there are something wrong in the file determining uranium.

I can smelt uranium just fine, that isn't a problem.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.