Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Burial bug?  (Read 1088 times)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Burial bug?
« on: March 01, 2011, 01:13:03 am »

Has anyone run into problems with burying dead pets, when said pets die of old age?  This hasn't bothered me until a named war tiger, who belonged to a veteran, died of old age and went straight to the trash. This seems consistent for all my dead-of-old-age pets--violent deaths go to my graveyard, where numerous coffins are set aside for animals, but any animal that lived out its life heroically disemboweling goblins goes to the rubbish heap.  Is it a bug or my oversight?  Is there anyway to force my dwarves to grant their aging pets proper burial?
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Haruspex_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Burial bug?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 01:17:23 am »

I have this problem. After about ten years I start to get cats and dogs dying of age and being hauled to the refuse pile. It seems random though, a turkey who died of age was buried properly.

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 03:49:11 am »

I haven't seen it.  Is it possible that you were out of coffins that accept pet burials at the time?
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 04:03:47 am »

Nah, I've had an relatively deathless patch, and time to waste, so I set up a huge burial complex including a pet cemetery, so no chance of coffin problems, even if I was short of coffins, pets that die of violence initially go to the corpses stockpile, then get transfered to a coffin,  pets that die of old age go to the refuse stockpile and stay there. 
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 09:51:58 pm »

The only pets that I have ever seen get buried were the ones migrants brought.
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 10:06:16 pm »

As a stopgap solution, just dump the tiger's body on an appropriate coffin and forbid it, I guess?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 11:36:17 pm »

Have you reported it to the bug tracker yet?

Toady is on a bugfixing spree, so now is a good time to report it.