Crap, I can't reactivate the poll!

See the link on the first page
- 0 (0%)
Go there to vote
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 20, 2011, 01:41:37 pm

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Quantum Evolution Succession Metafortress - Round 3 - Play now!  (Read 18267 times)

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Imsalerush, the settlement of your dreams...

This is a sample promotion slab to be distributed to elven, human and especially dwarven merchants later this year. All information contained herein is confirmed true as of Granite 01, Year 102.

The construction of the aboveground walls is well on it's way, and already all entry points but the bridge have been sealed to allow our workers a peaceful setting in which to do masonry, smoothing or engraving. There's no limit to how high we can go, and future plans indicate a magnificent white paving in the courtyard, surrounded by black obsidian walls. A central tower is in study, which could be built from the abundant marble the area contains, and would contrast even more with the surrounding blackness.

Our legendary dining room now has access to clear water for our wounded, with just the push of a lever. Plans for expansion have been drawn, but delayed since most of our facilities will soon be moved to the castle area, where we'll have ample space to built even more legendary rooms.

Our mighty military is hard at work day and night to secure the area. Here you can see an engraving of one of our famous charges against the most deadly of undead, the skeletal elephants. The death toll of these beasts has been too much, and it is now time to put an end to them once and for all. Armed with exceptional to masterwork weapons, and superior quality steel armor, our 23 proud military members could face anything, even a full fledged goblin siege. To prevent drowning due to extensive dodge training, all ponds have had ramps included to provide an easy way out for the unlikely event one of us falls in water.

The fortress status is very good, with a little lack of food but that's mostly due to the massive effort of our brewers to provide more and more alcohol to the population. We have many animals ready to be slaughtered in case meat gets scarce, and future fields will soon be built right under the castle to provide Imsalerush with the capacity to feed more than a hundred dwarves!

NOTE : we have do to something about NobodyPro, he's been complaining a lot lately about anything, even about being attacked by the dead. He's in the military in a campaign against them, what did he expect ?! Keep an eye on him.

The file : http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3840

Luftwaffle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

19th of Moonstone
Rovod has lost her will to live. Can't say I blame her. We're currently brewing and cooking like madmen.

10th of Opal
A named dog has succumbed to infection!

13th of Opal
The furnace operator has been struck down by skeletal elephants while collecting bodies.

=======

Well,  I give up on my fort. There's 44 (soon to be 45!) dead dwarves that need burying, and I'm up to three ghosts and getting freezes every 2 or 3 seconds. The elephants make it hard to collect bodies, and even if elephants don't kill anyone else, my effectively seven dwarves can't get the job by the end of the year.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, looks like we all are done. Luftwaffle seems to overindulged in FUN. Personally I dislike reclaim idea. So there are two other timelines my and kzel's. Well his skelephant toll seems more impressive 21:0 (mine is 3:1), and his  army is stronger than mine (skelphants are still threat though). Also, in his reality Deviled has became a legendary weaponsmith creating steel spear, whilst in mine he is legendary clothier.However both artifacts are used in military  :P
Oh, and he has built a castle above the ground.
On the other hand, I've made different stockpiles and my room design is nicer  :P
And my well won't flood forges, hospital and dinning room if left unattended. However, for someone it may be con, not a pro.  :o
For whom to vote, honestly I don't know  ???
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Quantum Evolution Succession Metafortress - 2nd Round - Vote!
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2011, 01:19:54 pm »

Stupid polls! I can't reactivate the poll here, so I made a new thread. It's a little impractical, but I don't want to move the discussion.

Vote!

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, looks like we all are done. Luftwaffle seems to overindulged in FUN. Personally I dislike reclaim idea. So there are two other timelines my and kzel's. Well his skelephant toll seems more impressive 21:0 (mine is 3:1), and his  army is stronger than mine (skelphants are still threat though). Also, in his reality Deviled has became a legendary weaponsmith creating steel spear, whilst in mine he is legendary clothier.However both artifacts are used in military  :P
Oh, and he has built a castle above the ground.
On the other hand, I've made different stockpiles and my room design is nicer  :P
And my well won't flood forges, hospital and dinning room if left unattended. However, for someone it may be con, not a pro.  :o
For whom to vote, honestly I don't know  ???

The well lacks a door to stop eventual flooding, then it will be 100% safe. There should be some laying around.

I shamelessly voted for myself, and it would be natural for you to do the same ;)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Quantum Evolution Succession Metafortress - Round 3 - Play now!
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2011, 12:14:32 pm »

The election is over, and kzel made it!

Grab the save, apply the dwarfings, have a go!

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2011, 05:54:59 pm »

Heh. Even I didn't vote for my timeline. Kzel's was much better.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2011, 09:22:30 am »

So who's going to play this time?

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2011, 11:37:47 am »

Eh, not me, I'll take a break for now.
Don't your rules allow you to participate again?
I guess it's just that 31.19 thing that causes so less interest here.
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Beardless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2011, 02:06:07 am »

I like the idea. I may try this round, depending on whether I can get going sufficiently early. (My comp is very slow when it comes to DF.) What version was it genned in again?
So it turns out that dumping magma on skeletons is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2011, 02:50:56 am »

Beardless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2011, 04:40:59 am »

Right, now I remember why I didn't join earlier. I'm stuck with 31.12 for the forseeable future. Drat. I hope you all can keep it going--it's been fun reading.
So it turns out that dumping magma on skeletons is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]