Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for these mods:  (Read 1382 times)

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
Looking for these mods:
« on: February 25, 2011, 09:50:29 pm »

I'm looking for the following, so I don't have to make them myself.  If you know of any mods with these that work, let me know!
MUST be .19 compatible!

Plants:
Rice (brewable into sake)
Tomatoes

Animals:
Red Kangaroos
Grey Kangaroos
Tree Kangaroos
Wombats
Koalas
Thylacines

Equipment:
Boomerangs
Nunchakas
Shurikens
Throwing Knives/Daggers
Throwing Axes
Darts
Chakrams
Bladed Shields (shields with bladed ends, as effective weapons)
Katanas
Naginatas/Pudaos/Kwandaos

Food:
Bread
Cake
Maple Syrup

And for huge bonus points:
SCP-682

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for these mods:
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 09:58:32 pm »

Heres bread. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77878.msg2002143#msg2002143

The rest, I wouldnt know. Though I can tell you that your not going to find a boomerang that behaves as such.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 10:38:23 pm »

genesis has: 

Katanas
Naginatas
The Orcs use them

It also has Tomatoes
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 10:46:15 pm »

It also has rice and kangoroos (one type only though, but it's easy to change), feel free to borrow!

Bladed Shields (shields with bladed ends, as effective weapons)
Impossible.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 11:06:12 pm »

Boomerangs
Shurikens
Throwing Knives/Daggers
Throwing Axes
Darts

While possible, you need a launcher for everything. For example you can't just have the dwarves throw bolts without having a crossbow. Which means you'll have your ninjas carrying around shuriken shotguns.

Maple Syrup

Not possible to make it come from trees themselves. However you could have a maple log that through a reaction turns into syrup.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Dynastia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 11:39:28 pm »

The rest, I wouldnt know. Though I can tell you that your not going to find a boomerang that behaves as such.

Very few boomerangs are designed to return, many aren't even designed to be thrown, so as long as you don't mind it being a genuine "throwing-club" or melee club style boomerang it shouldn't be any harder to mod in than throwing axes or knives.

Although I'm surprised the OP would be asking for australian wildlife and weaponry without mentioning the woomera, which fits the launcher/ammo requirement perfectly.

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 11:57:43 pm »

Oh?  I'm unfamiliar with the woomera!

But yes, REAL boomerangs rarely return.  They're used like native american cypress sticks.  You chuck them at something's feet or head and KLONK.  They could break a kangaroo's legs or trip them causing crippling injury.  Then you finish the job with a spear.

Rabbits and smaller prey can be killed instantly by it.  Native Americans had more luck with cypriss sticks than bows or spears against such fleet, small prey.

As for using 'ammolaunchers', that's fine.  Shurikens were typically kept in wristguards inside sleeves for easy access and use (and doubling as a shield in some cases).  A Javelin Quiver would be fine for, say, javelins.  A knife belt for knives, dartpouch for darts, axeholster for an axe or two.  Etc. etc.

Thanks for the help sofar!

Dynastia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 12:46:02 am »

A woomera is a spearchucker, similar to the american atlatl but instead of darts it throws full-size Australian spears (which are taller than a man). They're surprisingly accurate, I've seen people use them from boats to hit moving fish from a few metres away, missing about one time per twenty throws.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's possible to throw such large spears effectively without using a spearchucking device, so it would be grounded in reality to make them a requirement for chucking any spears larger than javelins.

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 12:26:02 pm »

U could just implement harpoons for spears

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 12:38:46 pm »

I've got nunchucks in the Afterworld mod... if that is what you meant by nunchaka.