Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Turning into a night creature + quest and weapons (+other) ideas  (Read 1674 times)

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Turning into a night creature + quest and weapons (+other) ideas
« on: September 19, 2015, 02:16:35 pm »

Of course I love adventure mode so... this ideas are mostly for ppl like me  8)

1. Turning into a night creature.

If adventurer is too long in specific evil fog and he's strong enough he can be turned into a night creature.
People don't want to talk with us and you can talk only to other night creatures that can give you a quest to bring some food, kill some peoples etc.

We are instantly an enemy for all civs.

2. Quest from bandits.

If our adventure join bandit camp - they can give us quests depending on bandit eee... boss past.
If anyone harm him in the past he will give us quest to kill that person/beast etc.
If he's en enemy of a civ he can give us quest to murded all people from that civ for an example of his power.
He can also give us a quest to steal some stuffs.

If you have enough fame you can fight with bandit boss for power and have even more fame!
More fame we have much more valuable/powerful stuffs he want and more important persons he want to kill.
Ordinary bandits also can give you quest to steal some stuffs.

You can have a choice - sometimes you can give a shield/other stuff to bandit boss or just to his recruit.

3. New Artifacts/weapons

- Poisoned swords etc. (it has a chance to poison someone but some creatures have a resistance to this)
- Frosts weapons - have a chance to freeze enemies for some turns
- Living weapons - Can fight with enemies of his owner as long as he's alive. If he's dead it depends on your character filled quest - Is your adventurer bad or good.
If owner was a good person and you are too - you can bring it, but if you're not you can't (and maybe you need to destroy it)

4. Friendship
Is you fill quest for someone who is not aggressive to you he may ask you:
- You are a hero with a great heart. Could I join you in adventure?

That's my ideas. I hope you enjoy it.

Edit:
5. Breaking the rules.
- rare chance for animal people to be someone famous in the civ (for example law giver etc.)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 02:41:58 pm by Tilogour »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Turning into a night creature + quest and weapons (+other) ideas
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 02:40:55 pm »

Half of this doesn't make any sense (that is, doesn't have any reason to occur,) and the other half is probably already planned.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 02:44:16 pm »

I hate so short posts, cause I suspect other people that they are just trolling around
I don't suspect you, but It will be great to see some arguments.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 02:56:18 pm by Tilogour »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 03:02:31 am »

Why would evil fog turn you into a night creature? We already have specific ways for that to happen.
Depends on the night creature, but why would they give you quests? Feeding and killing are things night creatures just kind of do already.

Planned Crime & Punishment Arc
Why do you need fame to fight a bandit boss? Just provoke a fight by claiming yourself leader.
A sense of item ownership at sites is due eventually. It's feasible you could just trade if you're on good terms.

Magic/sentient artifacts are planned.

Could be done, but it's better to ask them instead of being spammed by requests.

Multi-racial forts next version. It's already possible in the current version to get tigermen as mayor. (Don't recall if you need modding to make them part of your fort, or whether you can just tame them.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?