Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: A new token for creating stronger creatures & one about stealing specific items  (Read 5029 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile

but what if you wanted the supernatural creature to be part of a condition (So you could have Human, goblin, elf or Dwarf Vampires), the [EFFECTIVE_SIZE_MOD:] Token can handle it, but how could it be reliably done with attribute modifications?

How could it not? Just give syndromes tags that affect attributes. I mean, that's honestly not a far-fetched idea anyway; I can see even realistic syndromes affecting your physical and mental faculties, albeit mostly in a negative way, and doing it in a positive way is really no harder.

Positive syndromes... Hmm, the image of a Dwarf torturing some idiotic noble with a torture implement made of a syndrome causing metal that prevents bleeding... The possibilities are endless.

It could also allow the implementation of narcotics by giving mood elevating syndromes to plants.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile

but what if you wanted the supernatural creature to be part of a condition (So you could have Human, goblin, elf or Dwarf Vampires), the [EFFECTIVE_SIZE_MOD:] Token can handle it, but how could it be reliably done with attribute modifications?

How could it not? Just give syndromes tags that affect attributes. I mean, that's honestly not a far-fetched idea anyway; I can see even realistic syndromes affecting your physical and mental faculties, albeit mostly in a negative way, and doing it in a positive way is really no harder.

Positive syndromes... Hmm, the image of a Dwarf torturing some idiotic noble with a torture implement made of a syndrome causing metal that prevents bleeding... The possibilities are endless.

It could also allow the implementation of narcotics by giving mood elevating syndromes to plants.

wouldnt that be equivalent to introducing maruwana to the game?
those idiots act daft enought without having cravings on top of it
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile

With regard to the proposed effective-size-modifying token, I recently became aware that there is already an existing attack velocity modifier token for creature attacks similar to the ones for weapons; couldn't this be used to the same basic effect as the proposed effective size modification?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]