Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dueling arena  (Read 466 times)

cikulisu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
dueling arena
« on: February 23, 2011, 10:35:50 pm »

sorry for the rush of questions guys, but i've combed the wiki and there is no page?
anyway, i put up some cage traps and have captured a few goblins in them, (the rest of the ambush got disemboweled by my artifact-wielding militia commander) i have a lot of space, specifically i have no idea how to get the goblin into the arena, though i'm fairly certain i could keep it secure. what exactly is involved, how well does it work? how would i strip weapons of potential combatants? how's your day going? thanks dudes~

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: dueling arena
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 10:55:45 pm »

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Cage#How_to_disarm_hostiles_in_cages

This page in general has all the info.  Caged gobbos are great training for noob soldiers, much faster than barracks training, and gets them happy thoughts for killing something.  Aside from that, not a great deal of use, except it makes for an archery target your guys will actually train to shoot at.  RP-elements are always encouraged, gladiator pits and sacrifices to Armok, but these have no actual value aside from being dwarfy in general.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: dueling arena
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 01:04:10 pm »

After disarming, construct the cage with the goblin in it and link it to a lever. Pull the lever. Make sure cage is in enclosed space and/or with your military.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.