Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Poor elephant.  (Read 1020 times)

LemonFrosted

• Bay Watcher
  • I can't really make you love me
    • View Profile
Poor elephant.
« on: February 21, 2011, 09:06:48 pm »

I have too many elephants now. I know, that sounds crazy, how can you ever have enough? But, yeah, their pasture was getting to be too small for the heard so I sent one of the less worthy bulls to be slaughtered. One of my butchers went and began the dead elephant walking march, but was interrupted half way to the butcher bay by another well-meaning dwarf who kept insisting that this elephant belonged out in the pasture. This poor elephant had his doom prolonged, held as a victim of a game of tug of war, slowly creeping towards the butcher's shop.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: Poor elephant.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 09:11:49 pm »

I have too many elephants now. I know, that sounds crazy, how can you ever have enough?

Boatmurdered... There are always to many...

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 09:32:04 pm »

Put butcher shop inside the pasture.  Un-assign the elephant from the pasture.  Wait and see if the elephant eventually starves from this perverse tug-o-war.  Weaponize it.

So many options for you!

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 09:34:58 pm »

Put butcher shop inside the pasture.  Un-assign the elephant from the pasture.  Wait and see if the elephant eventually starves from this perverse tug-o-war.  Weaponize it.

So many options for you!
Could always put the pasture on the butcher shop. Assuming you have enough room and it's in a soil layer. And you give it time for grass to grow.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

LemonFrosted

• Bay Watcher
  • I can't really make you love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 09:54:05 pm »

For future elephant harvesting I've just built an extra butcher shop right next to the pasture.

Though it might not matter since a forgotten beast just caused a stampede and now the herd and soldiers have trampled most of the grass, so I might be moving them to the surface.

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 10:55:30 pm »

i've a huge underground pasture complex in deep soil layers.
i suspect i could feed up to 30 elephants.

but they didnot work as well as i expected during battle in .18
so i might just use then as primary meat source.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 10:56:14 pm »

Elephants, or War Elephants?

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 11:56:27 pm »

war elephants
they always got stabbed on limbs, lower bodies etc.
heavy bleeding was quite common, arteries gotten were torn on an amazingly usual manner.
maybe it's because i play genesis mod and some foes are stronger than vanilla ones.

though they were pretty good auxiliary to marksdwarves, every time i suffer great losses of elephants that sometimes take two or three years to replace. and cleaning the elephant corpse weighted literally two dozen tonnes was not very funny.

well i admit even when they die, they retain a great treasure to the fort, before finished being eaten  :)