Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fuel ?!?  (Read 578 times)

KVC627

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fuel ?!?
« on: February 22, 2011, 11:21:31 pm »

Version .19

So I've play 3 worlds with the new stuff, and while I've gotten the hang of most of it (still working on clay), I cannot find any fuel!  By fuel I mean bituminous coal or lignite.  I've found both shallow and deep metal ores and a lot fewer gems then .18 but no fuel.  Also asking my dwarven friends hasn't helped after 3 or 4 visits.  I know I can use wood, but it takes too long.  I've dug down 15 to 30 z levels, found the caverns and what not but no fuel. (haven't run into magma yet either, but I'm still looking in my current game...)  >:(

Am I missing something? 
The three world embarks had some sort of metal, soil and clay. Economy is off and pop cap is 90. (also all were Large Island which I stopped around 500 years old (world gen seems really slow in the new version.  I don't change any of the parameters I just like large islands.))

clockout1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel ?!?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 11:35:25 pm »

You could always try wood burning or magma production. Regarding the issue of no coal of lignite, I've got the same problem.
*insert witty signature here*

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel ?!?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 11:40:12 pm »

No, you're not missing something, it's just that .19 has a severe lack of mineral diversity, as it randomly picks... up to 4 kinds per biome, I think.  That includes rare rocks, too, so the chance of getting coal is very low.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.