Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nerve healing? (With hacks)  (Read 728 times)

JJtoocool

• Bay Watcher
  • Unfortunate Accident: ∞
    • View Profile
Nerve healing? (With hacks)
« on: February 21, 2011, 03:18:12 am »

I have a very nice adventurer I wouldn't like to loose, although it would be much fun to fight a BC without the use of my hands... Well, I tryed runesmith and DFusion (DFusion works for the most part,  runesmith is incompatible). I cant get the nerves in my hands to heal by editing the RAWs either. Can I get some help on how to fix this?
Quote from: Goblin 3 to Goblin 1
I heard that I died.
Quote from: Goblin 1 to Goblin 3
It was inevitable.
Goodbye.
Goodbye.

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: Nerve healing? (With hacks)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 08:10:02 am »

I seem to remember that changing the raws for healing still affected the healing rate in a pre generated world. Make sure you're editing the raws in the DwarfFortress\data\save\yourworld\raw\objects directory. If that doesn't work then you have no hope.

I suggest embracing nerve damage and being the badass adventurer that doesn't need hands. And then die horribly because of it.
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

martys1103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 12:35:32 pm »

Did you lose both hands? If you lost one, then it's no big deal. My adventurer has severed motor nerve in his left hand, but he is still badass and can clear whole fort single-handedly (pun intended).

JJtoocool

• Bay Watcher
  • Unfortunate Accident: ∞
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 06:15:52 pm »

Sorry for the (realy) late reply, but yes I did edit the raws in the save and yes, I lost both of my hands.
I heard that I died.
It was inevitable.
Goodbye.
Goodbye.