Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Minsk Subway Terrorism  (Read 1694 times)

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minsk Subway Terrorism
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 04:58:34 pm »

I was sorry to read that news. I hope your leader has learned from the second President Bush that (arguably) taking advantage of a terrorist attack as a reason for an action that would otherwise seem questionable can have poor long term effects on one's legacy and for the people he should love.
So much for that.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 01:50:33 am »

And seems like I'm not the only one who feels this story is a tad fishy:
UN signals doubts over 'apparent' Minsk terrorist attack
The UN Security Council has condemned a deadly bombing in the Belarus capital, but called it an "apparent" terrorist attack in a move diplomats said cast doubt on the official version of events.

The attack in the Minsk metro on Tuesday killed 12 people and injured 200. President Alexander Lukashenko said three suspects had confessed to the bombing and threatened new action against the Belarus opposition.

The United States, with the backing of other Western nations, insisted on adding the word "apparent" to the normally routine Security Council statement issued after attacks, diplomats said.

"The word 'apparent' is included in this statement for a reason," said one diplomat from the 15-nation council, speaking on condition of anonymity.

"There are credible indications in Belarus saying there is a more than even chance that the government was behind this."

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 01:53:11 am »

:o
 >:(

thanks for the link.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 [2]